Celtic Chariot

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

Jason

Celtic Chariot

Postby Jason » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:28 pm

For those who may be interested, and who perhaps aren't on F*cebook, I thougth I'd post this picture of early training with my Robert Hurford built Celtic war chariot. Not much to see re ponies or my kit yet, but the Chariot looks good.
Attachments
Jason and Kaiju with chariot taken by Kasumi 10th January 2016_1.jpg
Chariot training

sally
Post Knight

Re: Celtic Chariot

Postby sally » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:29 am

Looking good! I'll have some fabrics to show you for soft kit in the next day or so, just excavating the lower strata of the fabric stash looking for something in particular...

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:31 pm

LOVELY!

Good to see you have a houndskull bascinet to complete the set-up, only 1000 years or so out so way better than many out there

:o 8-) :roll:

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Jason

Postby Jason » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:16 pm

That's not a bascinet, it's a metal target taken out of a skip and propped up to hit clangingly. Also my boots are inauthentic - wrong sort of zip for most of the Celtic period. They had a different shaped zip toggle I believe, especially in the later periods, and historical scholars differ on the tooth arrangement too.

Andy R
Post Centurion

Postby Andy R » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Very nice. Yaron Thau joked about doing something similar due to his many, many Welsh section A's.

Look forward to seeing the finished result.

Young men have often been ruined through owning horses, or through backing them, but never through riding them: unless of course they break their necks, which, taken at a gallop, is a very good death to die

http://www.16ld.org

Return to “Pictures”