Wanted: Warwick Effigy

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

behanner

Wanted: Warwick Effigy

Postby behanner » Wed May 03, 2006 5:21 am

A friend of mine is looking for a lot of detailed photos of the Effigy of Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick especially the legs. If anyone is in the area and has a digital camera and is willing to help please let me know. My friend and I both have hard to find information on late medieval armour that we are willing to trade for these photos.

Brent

gregory23b
Absolute Wizard

Postby gregory23b » Wed May 03, 2006 7:19 am

middle english dictionary

Isabela on G23b "...somehow more approachable in real life"

http://medievalcolours.blogspot.com

"I know my place." Alice the Huswyf

behanner

Postby behanner » Wed May 03, 2006 8:55 am

Most of those we were aware of. What we are really looking for is like 30-100 photos covering any armour detail that could possibly be photographed along with overall shots from every angle. This is such a heavily referenced harness that we would like to have as much information on it as possible. Unfortunately we don't have money to offer but we have a variety of resources and knowledge about resources that we can offer to the photographer.

Billman

Postby Billman » Wed May 03, 2006 10:03 pm

I'd suggest contacting the V&A as the effigy was part of their Gothic exhibition last year and when I spoke to them about it they said that they had conducted a photographic survey of it. They also gave me the details of the person responsible for it at St Mary’s, where it normally resides, who told me that somebody had spoken to him about photographing it as it was being reinstalled in the church. You could also have a look at this thread on the Armour Archive (http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=58397) which shows a copy being made by an American armourer called Patrick Thaden

Chickun

Postby Chickun » Wed May 10, 2006 11:48 am

Have PM'd you.

Aw, it's not easy, is it?

Return to “Pictures”