My first event

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

SirUlf

My first event

Postby SirUlf » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Have just had my first reenactment event this weekend with Raven Tor at Arundel Castle. Being of a poor standing financially and socially, I decided to stick with what I know and go as lowly archer. Been doing longbow archery for about month and I was quite pleased to be able to bring my own new bow down for the weekend. It was tremendously hot and quite a weak showing of visitors but it was definitely still a hoot. Really, really loved it. Also a great feeling to be able to tell a young kid from London all about medieval warfare which he really didn't know anything about. At least he went home having learned something new and hopefully something he'll remember. Should anyone from the group read this, then my sincerest thanks to everyone who really helped make this a fantastic weekend.

So here's me in my borrowed hose and shoes:

Yes, I do have skinny arms... Got them as a matching set for my legs.

marek klem

Re: My first event

Postby marek klem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi, Glad you enjoyed the weekend. As far as I know I'm the only one from Raven Tor that uses this forum.See you at the Multiperiod event next week when I'll be in mid fourteenth canury kit.

marek klem

Postby marek klem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:17 pm

I ment century

SirUlf

Postby SirUlf » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi Master Marek. :) Yes, we seem to be rather thin on here. Mark from Worthing is on here as well at times it seems. Where's the rest?

Might be able to do one day next week, got Herstmonceux with the family and then it's up to the lady of the manor if I come along...

Raconteur Troubadour

Postby Raconteur Troubadour » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm on here too! (Master Stephen.....Peddler, Man-at-Arms, Goldsmith). See you at the Herstmonceux event in the Raven Tor camp.

Seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions.

Aelle

Postby Aelle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:07 pm

I wouldn't worry about "skinny arms & legs",you should see mine,and i'm supposed to be a Northumbrian Warrior! :$ .

wembly6

Postby wembly6 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 pm

marek klem wrote:Hi, Glad you enjoyed the weekend. As far as I know I'm the only one from Raven Tor that uses this forum.See you at the Multiperiod event next week when I'll be in mid fourteenth canury kit.

Looking forward to seeing Marek in his canary outfit.....

marek klem

Postby marek klem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 am

This is my 14th century Kit. I'm in the early period kit on the left, my son has the later. Not quite a canary but there is a lot of yellow.
Attachments
Karl and me.JPG

Return to “Pictures”