Wedding chests I have done - including Kate Tilers

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

timbobarnacle

Wedding chests I have done - including Kate Tilers

Postby timbobarnacle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:48 pm

fast removing B&Q boxes from re-enactment, and hoping to do the same for sash cord guy ropes

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Re: Wedding chests I have done - including Kate Tilers

Postby Bad Viking » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:01 am

Very very nice work !
What kind of prices do you charge for plain unadorned viking sea chests ?? and do you do any discount for a bulk order ? of 3 or more ?

I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

timbobarnacle

Postby timbobarnacle » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Bad Viking,

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I am really pleased with the Tudor Rose on Kate's box - I do the artwork and created the box designs - which are still evolving.

We are currrently making stock for my wife's stall (Lucy the Tudor) as fast as we can for ILHF and TORM - I am working around a full time job, so it would be very difficult for us to make a bulk order, now or after the markets, as the spring ones come round quickly, especially as they sell as fast as we can make them, and as quickly as Wieland Forge can make the hinges. Lucy is making other stock items and orders too.

Lucy charges £35 for the plain early/late medieval box in the size I used for Kate Tilers - that is 24" long, 16" tall and 8 inches wide.We make larger sizes, including domed lid chests, and special commissions (like the fisherman's sea chest for Lowestoft Museum. We also make Viking style sea chests in the Hedeby style, but these do take much more time to make due to the angles needed on the sides and legs - the longer it takes to make, the more Lucy charges.

Lucy sets prices are set at entry level, IE at the price re-enactors can afford - so unfortunately, there is no margin for discounts, especially as we have sold out of boxes at every trading show this year :D :D

If you pop along to our stall at either market, then you should be able to see a variety, so long as you attend on the Friday or early on Saturday Morning :wink:

Hope this helps

Tim

fast removing B&Q boxes from re-enactment, and hoping to do the same for sash cord guy ropes

cborran

Postby cborran » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 am

hi love the boxes they look fantastic. im looking at getting one for my wedding in march next year would i be able to get some quotes off you for chest/design postage packing etc thanks.

cborran

Postby cborran » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 am

hi im still interested in purchasing a chest could you let me know some prices of the unpainted boxes and then i can send you some designs later on that would be great thanks.

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Postby lucy the tudor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Oh, sorry, I'll answer for him- he's my husband, so he suffers me not letting him get a word in edgeways a lot.
The unpainted box is £35 in the standard size, larger sizes are available.
Costs for painting depend on whether you want decoration only, as shown, or a base colour ( ie the whole thing painted, and them motifs put on) or obviously the amount of decoration you would like.
You would possibly be surprised how economically we will paint them, as we rather enjoy doing it, so even "seriously decorated", with a base colour would only work out at £55 or there abouts.
Send us some ideas, and we'll send you a definite price.
Delivery costs extra, of course, or we can take it to one of the fairs, or various shows, for you to collect.

lucythetudor@gmail.com

a filthy, arse-grabbing strumpet, masquerading as a demure two-door lady.

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm

are we allowed one before we're married? like a dowry chest? :D :shh:

'As long as you have a coif on, you're decent.' Image

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Postby lucy the tudor » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:30 am

lidimy wrote:are we allowed one before we're married? like a dowry chest? :D :shh:

Of course, though you won't need to provide much of a dowry, chaps will queue up regardless. (you can sew!)

lucythetudor@gmail.com

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:05 pm

You know what it's like these days Lucy, men are only after one thing! :roll: :lol:

(joking aside, I'm running out of space in the wicker chest I currently use to hoard fabric & kit!! and those chests are gorgeous :D)

'As long as you have a coif on, you're decent.' Image

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Postby lucy the tudor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:06 am

Thank you, he gave me one of them (undecorated) as a "first date gift"- much better than flowers or chocolates.
If you want to store fabric in it, you may be better with a larger one, for working bits and bobs the small ones are fine. Mine is fractionally smaller than our standard starting size one now, and I get lots of hand tools and sewing bits in it for normal use, and often keep all the sneaky snacks for the kids at events where we are staying authenty- no one can peek into it when my large posterior is comfortably parked upon it!
If you're coming to Spring TORM, pop over to the stand and we'll have a sort out about what size and designs would suit you best. 8-)

lucythetudor@gmail.com

Return to “Pictures”