me new tin!!!

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

Glorfindle

me new tin!!!

Postby Glorfindle » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Well here we go peeps, my new tin...

All these pictures were taken at Ludlow, and I'm quite supprised there wasn't frost on the outside of it!!

Now I have some voiders and a skirt on order so by my first gig i should be nice and encased....

It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people
Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Eyemo

Postby Eyemo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:55 pm

That looks bl**** Fantastic mate!!.. Top stuff!

Available for Photography/painting Commissions.

medievalmark

Postby medievalmark » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:06 pm

nice bit of kit dare i ask how much who by ,all you need now bro is a nice bit of mail set it of brill :D :D

Glorfindle

Postby Glorfindle » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:34 pm

its by mark at dressed to kill, set me back a nice round 3k, not too bad for my first suit I guess, though some people don't like his stuff I think its ok. got a order in for voiders an d skirt already, so by taton i'll be sorted!

It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Postby Marcus Woodhouse » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:57 pm

He did look the man.

OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:22 pm

Glorfindle wrote:its by mark at dressed to kill

So's mine! Good stuff. :D

www.cybalism.org - The new view of the Universal Truth

zauberdachs
Post Centurion

Postby zauberdachs » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 pm

Very cool. And a Tim Noyes sword to back it up. Class.

Do not be loath, diligent reader, to winnow my chaff, and lay up the wheat in the storehouse of your memory. For truth regards not who is the speaker, nor in what manner it is spoken, but that the thing be true - Nennius, 8th century

Andy R
Post Centurion

Postby Andy R » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:10 pm

Is the one they had at TORM marked "sold"?

If so, it looked very nice

If not, yours looks very nice

Young men have often been ruined through owning horses, or through backing them, but never through riding them: unless of course they break their necks, which, taken at a gallop, is a very good death to die

http://www.16ld.org

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:58 pm

given your doublet was made for another harness it loks like it dont fdo too bad on this one

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Glorfindle

Postby Glorfindle » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:30 pm

Karen Larsdatter wrote:Where have I seen this ... :wink:
http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/12/0 ... al-fair/3/
wow, thanks!!
zauberdachs wrote:Very cool. And a Tim Noyes sword to back it up. Class.
And Dagger, i'm very impressed you could tell the sword though!
Andy R wrote:Is the one they had at TORM marked "sold"?
If so, it looked very nice
If not, yours looks very nice

It was indeed the one at TORM, bloody took me ages to get the fingerprints of it all, you lot need to look with your eyes not fingers :wink:
Nigel wrote:given your doublet was made for another harness it loks like it dont fdo too bad on this one

It was ok, but i am now looking to replace this with a new one....

Sir_John_Thomas

Postby Sir_John_Thomas » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:12 pm

My compliments sir,

THAT HARNESS IS THE MUTS NUTS

"God said love thy neighbour as untoo thy self, unless they are Turkish, in which case, KILL THE B**TARDS!"

Richard IV before leaving on crusade

http://community.lincolnshire.gov.uk/Th ... fSkirbeck/

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Neil know the eyes not fingers one

as a lady with pie in hand was told as she waved gravy stained mitt at a £600 silk doublet you mark it you buy it

If we can solve your doublet dilema drop us a line things ahve moved on lots

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

zauberdachs
Post Centurion

Postby zauberdachs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Glorfindle wrote:
zauberdachs wrote:Very cool. And a Tim Noyes sword to back it up. Class.
And Dagger, i'm very impressed you could tell the sword though!

:D

It's his distinctive hilts, he does coca-cola bottle shape handles.

Do not be loath, diligent reader, to winnow my chaff, and lay up the wheat in the storehouse of your memory. For truth regards not who is the speaker, nor in what manner it is spoken, but that the thing be true - Nennius, 8th century

Andy R
Post Centurion

Postby Andy R » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:54 am

Nigel wrote:as she waved gravy stained mitt at a £600 silk doublet

Ye gods, I bet that caused a sharp intake of breath...

Young men have often been ruined through owning horses, or through backing them, but never through riding them: unless of course they break their necks, which, taken at a gallop, is a very good death to die

http://www.16ld.org

Thrud

Postby Thrud » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 am

Can I be mildly picky and it is only mild here, so don't think I am being nasty as I do like the look of that harness, I love the finish on it.

The black belt and pouch on the picture outside the castle, just look a bit modern to me, it could be the picture not being detailed so if it is, please ignore this.

A nice quality pouch, or even not one at all would be better and a good quality sword belt and buckle would set that off a treat.

I do like the harness though.

By the sacred toenail clippings of J.R.R Tolkein... You'll pay for that hellspawn!

I am a snob and I am proud of it but I also like a good poo joke every now and then too.

Glorfindle

Postby Glorfindle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Thrud wrote:Can I be mildly picky and it is only mild here, so don't think I am being nasty as I do like the look of that harness, I love the finish on it.

The black belt and pouch on the picture outside the castle, just look a bit modern to me, it could be the picture not being detailed so if it is, please ignore this.

A nice quality pouch, or even not one at all would be better and a good quality sword belt and buckle would set that off a treat.

Appreciate that, I do have a nice new blue belt but I forgot to put the extra holes in it to fit over the plate, so I had to wear that one, the pouch though, never really thought about it, I did wonder why I seemed to be about the only person with a locking system on it, but I've spoken to a couple of earlier period guys and they had a more basic type of system so I thought it would be ok, not really my subject. I'll look into it now though I think

Thrud

Postby Thrud » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Glorfindle wrote:
Thrud wrote:Can I be mildly picky and it is only mild here, so don't think I am being nasty as I do like the look of that harness, I love the finish on it.

Appreciate that, I do have a nice new blue belt but I forgot to put the extra holes in it to fit over the plate, so I had to wear that one, the pouch though, never really thought about it, I did wonder why I seemed to be about the only person with a locking system on it, but I've spoken to a couple of earlier period guys and they had a more basic type of system so I thought it would be ok, not really my subject. I'll look into it now though I think

The shape is wrong for 15thC (and earlier) too boxy really and the locking sytem is just too modern. I personally would not wear anything on a belt other than a sword over armour and when in soft kit the maximum I would wear is a belt pouch fitting to status and possibly a dagger, butt hat would be it. You see far too many people wearing absolutley everything they own on their belts Christmas tree stylee. No need for it, it's a bit of a re-enactorism.

By the sacred toenail clippings of J.R.R Tolkein... You'll pay for that hellspawn!

I am a snob and I am proud of it but I also like a good poo joke every now and then too.

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Postby Marcus Woodhouse » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:23 pm

As are the walking arsenals who take to the field with polearm. longsword, shortsword, hand axe, dagger (the list goes on!) That's why it's fun to go up against GCOT. They are always carrying so many weapons you can always borrow one of theirs (and sometimes use it against them). Cheers fellas. :lol:

OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

Glorfindle

Postby Glorfindle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:19 pm

Thrud wrote:The shape is wrong for 15thC (and earlier) too boxy really and the locking system is just too modern. I personally would not wear anything on a belt other than a sword over armour and when in soft kit the maximum I would wear is a belt pouch fitting to status and possibly a dagger, but that would be it. You see far too many people wearing absolutely everything they own on their belts Christmas tree stylee. No need for it, it's a bit of a re-enactorism.

Agreed with the carry everything, and I wasn't going to carry my pouch until I realised I had no where to keep anything (Which included the keys to the school) so I popped it on, otherwise I wouldn't of done. Guess I will have to purchase a new pouch in the new year, Its a shame, I really liked that pouch....
Marcus Woodhouse wrote:As are the walking arsenals who take to the field with polearm. longsword, shortsword, hand axe, dagger (the list goes on!) That's why it's fun to go up against GCOT. They are always carrying so many weapons you can always borrow one of theirs (and sometimes use it against them). Cheers fellas. :lol:

Agreed, I only take my sword and a dagger with me onto the field, though at some point I might increase it to a pole axe, but I might sacrifice the sword for that, not sure yet....

Medicus Matt
Post Knight

Postby Medicus Matt » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:49 pm

Glorfindle wrote: I did wonder why I seemed to be about the only person with a locking system on it, but I've spoken to a couple of earlier period guys and they had a more basic type of system so I thought it would be ok, not really my subject. I'll look into it now though I think

Ermmm...that one appears to be from a modern box or bag of the sort that you can buy in somewhere like "The Pier".

"I never said that I was here to help."

Gerald ye Herald

Postby Gerald ye Herald » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:49 am

Hey Neil just eyballed this and gone through a box of tissues wiping off
the drool :wink: Nice one m8.............Nice to see John in the frame too.

Preserving the Art of Medieval Heraldics
And Chivalry
Live for today, dream of tomorrow, learn from yesterday!.
http://armisheraldics.me.uk/1.html
http://gyh.fotopic.net
http://ah.fotopic.net

Bogwoppit

Postby Bogwoppit » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Only just seen this...

Very nice mate! If I might be permitted to drool quietly...? I promised not to dribble on the kit... :lol:

Glorfindle

Postby Glorfindle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Thanks Guys! 8)

Return to “Pictures”