Anne Boleyn Hood

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

sewmaid

Anne Boleyn Hood

Postby sewmaid » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:37 am

Hi All
Just thought you would like to see this Anne Boleyn Hood I made and sold. Would love to hear yours views on it. :wink:

[img][img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q308/homemaid/000_3512.jpg[/img][/img]

'Banastre'

Postby 'Banastre' » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:50 am

Very nice! :) It's a little small to really see the detail (either small or my eyesight is getting worse) but it looks really well done.

"I've just written a very warm, bubbly character who has happy plans for her future. You'd like her. But I was writing it, I was thinking - she's gonna die." - Andy B.

myladyswardrobe

Postby myladyswardrobe » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:21 pm

Very pretty indeed. I love the frill on the front too. Perfectly in proportion.

I've made quite a few french hoods over the years now and one gable (will never make a gable again. Loved making it and it came out beautifully but the hand sewing! Oy! Painful! And I do love hand sewing)

Gentry/Tailor/Needlelace Maker - Kentwell.
www.myladyswardrobe.com

sewmaid

hood

Postby sewmaid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 am

Thank you both for your comments. When I viewed this the image after I put it on this site it was quite large and you were able to see the detail but when I viewed it the other day the image has been made smaller which is a shame.
I have made some Gable Hoods. Please have a look at the one I have put on the buy and sell section. They can be a bit tricky in making but its all worth it in the end. :)

myladyswardrobe

Exquisite Gable Hood.

Postby myladyswardrobe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:44 am

Thats a gorgeous gable hood. I love the proportions. So often when I see gables, the proportions are completely wrong - this is just beautiful. Well done you.

Though you haven't sold it I think you are undercharging but then I suppose it is supply and demand as well.

I assume you are offering it for sale elsewhere?

Hope you do get a good sale for it. I do think its one of the best I have ever seen.

All the best.

Bess.

Gentry/Tailor/Needlelace Maker - Kentwell.

www.myladyswardrobe.com

sewmaid

hood

Postby sewmaid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Bess
Many thanks for your comments on the Gable. Last year I sold quite a few french hoods but things are very quiet at the moment.
This year I have tried selling this hood elsewhere along with the french hoods but no one seems interested in them.
I have tried a higher price but again no interest. I found this site and thought i would give it a go by putting some of my hoods on here but again no one has purchased any.
Perhaps i'm doing something wrong on them, i dont know.
I think my prices are quite reasonable considering the work i do put into them, and some hoods I've seen are very expensive.
Anyway maybe things will pick up once the better weather comes.
Thanks again
Helen :)

Hinny Annie

Postby Hinny Annie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 am

Hi, dont think you are doing anything wrong, it just takes time for people to get to know you, also a lot but not all of the posters on here are medieval and the hoods are to late for us. Also for me, if I was buying something like this I would want to try it on, do you trade at any events ?. I really like it though. Hope you sell it soon

Boga Sceal Straele - a bow shall be for arrows

www.apieceofhistory.co.uk

sewmaid

hood

Postby sewmaid » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks Hinny Annie for letting me know regarding the posters on here being more into medieval things. I dont trade at any events as I tend to make a hood and then if all goes well sell it. Thats what i have been doing the last year or so. I have had some orders where of course someone wants one in a specific colour/fabric.
Anyway fingers crossed on the gable.
Regards
Helen

Return to “Pictures”