Tudorbethan suit.

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

m300572
Post Centurion

Postby m300572 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Very swanky...is it Janet Arnold who has the tale of the bloke who was carrying his household linen around in his padded breeches - you could get three authenti tents into these ones!

Wilkes and Liberty, Wilkes and the Forty Five

Dathi

Very NIce

Postby Dathi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:40 pm

That is damm good... makes me chuffed I asked Tuppence to make me stuff!

Mick,M

Postby Mick,M » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:47 am

ere boy we could be the realy baggy borthers!!!!!!!!
Just a hint and tip, be very carefull when dismounting from a tudor saddle in hose like that, as I found at the bank holiday doo, getting them cought on the cantal and a milierty dismount just don't mix and the result can be turly horrible! :lol: just ask pixie see got a real eye full!!!!!!!!? :oops:

Phil the Grips
Absolute Wizard

Postby Phil the Grips » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:36 pm

That'll go in the mental "what not to do with horses whiel in kit" log-

alongside the experience of watching Mr Piggot incorrectly stow his bollock dagger while mounting and ending up with the point on the saddle and the hilt disappearing up his *rse! :shock:

and the time he stepped on a trailing girth while stowing his saddle, then into a trailing iron and backflipped to end up with a saddle on top of him- oh how we laughed ;)

--Angels also carry weapons--
http://www.blackboarswordsmanship.co.uk/

Mad Mab

Postby Mad Mab » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Very cool suit (how do I keep missing these threads :oops: )!
I'm of the opinion that the extra material is for stuffing reived sheep down as it's easier than herding them.
As for riding in kit, I'm happy to say that the worst that happened to me was a sudden loss of memory while dismounting from a sidesaddle. Up until that point, I'd practiced in trousers and was used to springing to the ground. Forgetting I was wearing a long skirt resulted in a brief moment of being upside down before disappearing (due to the skirt ripping) under the horse who, true to form, watched the whole process over his shoulder with that look of faintly bemused interest that horses do so well.
Mind you, with all that material, make sure you don't go out in the rain, the weight'll knock you to the floor! :lol:
Still very cool though!
mab

Have broom, will travel!
The Company of St Margaret
The Borderers

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:20 pm

there will be awhole procession of cool stuff appearing Just as soona s MS lough gets her camera sorted out

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Return to “Pictures”