having fun

Moderator: Moderators

Steve of RaT

having fun

Post by Steve of RaT »

:lol: Thought I'd better post here after pointing out the 95 missing years, plus play with the twidley bits :twisted:

It's good having lots of COLOURS to play with and lots of sizes too.

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Post by frances »

Dear Cal, Can you please divide this section up into at least two. The 18th century is one thing and 1790's - 1820 another. We may get Napoleonics people posting if they have a separate place to go.

Steve of RaT

Post by Steve of RaT »

frances wrote:Can you please divide this section up into at least two. The 18th century is one thing and 1790's - 1820 another. We may get Napoleonics people posting if they have a separate place to go.
I'd suggest changing the era to 1715-1820 as the old forum (1700-1800) was rather quiet and after a quick look at 1800-1900 that didn't seem excessively active with postings still listed from over a year ago.

On the old forum most of the 1700-1800 post are to or from Lace Wars members (covering mid 18th century) or Napoleonic. With the majority covering 1720's - 1750's and going back to 2003. :(

By extending the era it would bring a smaller interest period (Jacobite Rebellion) in with a larger interest period. Both of which use similar weapons and personal Items (most of the LW muskets are later model Bess).

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Post by frances »

On the other hand costumes changed around 1780/90's and Napoleonic people are very specifically 1800 - 1820 ish and there are thousands of them. There is nowhere specific on here for them to have a chat or to tell us what is going on in their era. Can't help being nosy :o)

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Post by Tod »

As far as I know other than NFOE, Lace Wars and White Cockade no one else is really covering the mid 18th century. So why not make it 1730 - 1760.
Steve I now know where all Finns crayons go that he gets at resteraunts, I like to play with colours hmmmm, should I give you gun powder? :)

Wina McPod

Post by Wina McPod »

Should you give Steve gunpowder - that's ripe coming from you !!!

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Post by Tod »

Podladite, you stick to cooking yummy grub and we'll stick to making BIG bangs.
If you're really good I'll let you have a go with the kin great pistol.

Steve of RaT

Post by Steve of RaT »

Tod, is it wise to antagonize her??? You know what she's like with her whippy willow sticks :) . See you at Sheffield.

Wina McPod

Post by Wina McPod »

I am getting very worried about you Steve - first it was custard now its willow whips....tch tch :wink:

Steve of RaT

Post by Steve of RaT »

It was Finn, he made me do it. :lol: He said I had to or he would just keep chattering, Do you know...... :roll: it had no effect!!!!!!!!!!!

Peanutsmum

Post by Peanutsmum »

So that's where the crayons went! Next time I will buy Steve his own smarties dessert so he can get his own activity pack :P Perhaps the move has finally got to him.....!!!!

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Post by Tod »

Steve bring the tartan paint at the week end, we'll nick a tank and surprise the redcoats.

Steve of RaT

Post by Steve of RaT »

It's on order from America, 'authentic tartan paint as used by Charles Edward Stuart' :lol:

We can use it on a M5A1

Alan_F
Post Centurion

Post by Alan_F »

Steve of RaT wrote:It's on order from America, 'authentic tartan paint as used by Charles Edward Stuart' :lol:

We can use it on a M5A1
Was it made by a decendant of William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots? If not then it's not the real deal. :twisted:
I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!