British Reenactors in American Regiments

Moderator: Moderators

10thGrenadier

British Reenactors in American Regiments

Postby 10thGrenadier » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello,

I am an historian and historical reenactor with His Majesty’s 10th Regiment of Foot, based in Lexington, Massachusetts.

Currently I am researching American reenactors who portray British forces. I have an essay in Cambridge Scholars’_We Are What We Remember: The American Past Through Commemoration_. In conjunction with this work I am researching British reenactors who portray American forces.

I’ll be in England in the middle of July, and write to ask if any British subscribers who portray American forces might be willing to chat about their reenactment. I am interested in historical impressions and British personnel's motivations for reenacting American troops. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you for your time,

Dr. JL Meriwether
Chair, Department of History and American Studies
Roger Williams University
Bristol, Rhode Island 02809 USA

coldsteel

Re: British Reenactors in American Regiments

Postby coldsteel » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 am

The answer to that is very few my friend. There are two small groups, one the lexington Militia and another I believe is a Maryland Regiment - I know they have Red Facings. They number around half a dozen each and are involved in other periods I am told. I do not have contact details for them I am afraid so I cannot help you any further.

Regards

Colin Adams
Association of Crown Forces 1776

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:29 pm

10thGrenadier wrote:Hello,

I am an historian and historical reenactor with His Majesty’s 10th Regiment of Foot, based in Lexington, Massachusetts.

Currently I am researching American reenactors who portray British forces. I have an essay in Cambridge Scholars’_We Are What We Remember: The American Past Through Commemoration_. In conjunction with this work I am researching British reenactors who portray American forces.

I’ll be in England in the middle of July, and write to ask if any British subscribers who portray American forces might be willing to chat about their reenactment. I am interested in historical impressions and British personnel's motivations for reenacting American troops. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you for your time,

Dr. JL Meriwether
Chair, Department of History and American Studies
Roger Williams University
Bristol, Rhode Island 02809 USA

Yes, I would be more than happy to talk to you

Bucket

Postby Bucket » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 pm

thanks Colin. Lexington has been in contact with Jeffery, btw we now number 15 in our ranks and are growing. Go to give you redcoats something to shoot at.

Return to “1715-1810”