French revolution reenactment

Moderator: Moderators

matt4how

French revolution reenactment

Postby matt4how » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:47 pm

hi all

i was wondering if anyone is reenacting the french revolution period. i have previously studied this area and was thinking of maybe going into reenacting this.

i have been reenacting victorian to 1980s and want to do something a bit earlier

if anyone has any info please let me know

wurzul

Re: French revolution reenactment

Postby wurzul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Matt,

You have probably heard of The Napoleonic Association, http://www.napoleonicassociation.org/ an umbrella organisation bringing together groups who recreate the very late C18th and early C19th. Some of their member groups edge back towards the French revolution. I'm not aware of anyone in the UK doing specificly 1790s. One tends to find groups doing the AWI or the Napoleonic Wars and not a great deal inbetween.

matt4how

Postby matt4how » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 pm

i have noticed on the website they some members do revolutionary. there is a couple of groups in america (as there always is in area of reenacting from what it seems). i think i will contact the Napoleonic association and go from there.

thanks for the info so far

wurzul

Postby wurzul » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 am

Matt,
As the Napoleonic Association is an umbrella organisation, you may find them shy of recommending a particular member group to you. It might be more effective to visit the nA site and get the contact details of their constituent groups and contact any that interest you directly.
There are also some great groups outside the NA. For instance, if you were keen on revolutionary French, the 21eme drift backwards that far from time to time,
http://caporalfourrier.page.tl/

John Waller
Post Knight

Postby John Waller » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:37 pm

The NA is holding an open weekend in the spring for interested parties to have a look-see. If you can make it come along to:-

Ickworth House, Norfolk 6-7 Apr 13 – The NA open weekend.

*Actually Ickworth House is in Suffolk Near Bury St Edmunds. Officers and maps eh!

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 pm

John, on their website this weekend is listed as '95th Rifles training camp'.

After your note above I was thinking about popping along in costume to meander about having a relaxed time. But the description does not make it seem as though this sort of thing would be welcome.

Return to “1715-1810”