1806 Habit Longue

Moderator: Moderators

wladek

1806 Habit Longue

Postby wladek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Hello

My Google-fu, or lack of it, is driving me mad looking for this. does anybody make and sell these uniforms? Or all they all made in-house in the groups requiring them. I would have thought a rather substantial number on the continent would have had them. Does anybody know of a retailer of said uniforms, or is a tailor the only option.

many thanks
Craig

John Waller
Post Knight

Re: 1806 Habit Longue

Postby John Waller » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:37 am

wladek wrote:Hello

My Google-fu, or lack of it, is driving me mad looking for this. does anybody make and sell these uniforms? Or all they all made in-house in the groups requiring them. I would have thought a rather substantial number on the continent would have had them. Does anybody know of a retailer of said uniforms, or is a tailor the only option.

many thanks
Craig

It's an expensive bit of kit so you are unlikely to find one off the peg. Most will be made to measure because of the fit and regimental variations in facings, buttons etc. You may find the odd second hand one on ebay or re-enactment sites (e.g. here, NA website & facebook). There is one currently on http://www.re-enactmentsupplies.co.uk/i ... uct_id=255 . Most groups will have recommended suppliers or make them in-house. What do you need it for?
Last edited by John Waller on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

wladek

Postby wladek » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:26 pm

For a French impression.

The link is the 'Waterloo' uniform, we are looking for the earlier pattern. The only difference between Regiments would be the buttons, or slight eccentricities of certain colonels that could be modified. Just feels odd that of all the armies of the period these are the ones which have a uniform that is universal across the different regiments, so would not need to be fitted.

We're conscript infantry, we want ill fitting poorly made uniforms, bleached and worn by the Spanish sun. :(

Redders

Postby Redders » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 pm

When do you need it for buddy?
SJ can make the kit and we have the correct patterns. It would all depend on timing as she does have quite a long waiting list.

Feel free to drop me a PM or mail.

John Waller
Post Knight

Postby John Waller » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm

wladek wrote:For a French impression.

The link is the 'Waterloo' uniform, we are looking for the earlier pattern. The only difference between Regiments would be the buttons, or slight eccentricities of certain colonels that could be modified. Just feels odd that of all the armies of the period these are the ones which have a uniform that is universal across the different regiments, so would not need to be fitted.

We're conscript infantry, we want ill fitting poorly made uniforms, bleached and worn by the Spanish sun. :(

Sorry my bad. Didn't look closely enough. If you want 'ill fitting poorly made uniforms' I could give you a 'recommendation' for a UK maker :thumbdown: that one of my chaps used. Or you might be better off enquiring in Pakistan http://www.bagpipers.eu/pdetail.php?catid=259&pid=4224.

For good stuff SJ-Seamstress and I'm hearing good things about East Essex Tailoring.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 pm

I can vouch for John at East Essex tailoring as well.
He can do to want ever you are after, using what ever quality of wool you would like.
This a picture of a good friend in the uniform that http://eastessextailoring.com/ made.

Habit long.jpg

Recruiting for The Highland Company 1st Battalion 95th Rifles in Scotland

wladek

Postby wladek » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Ha, the link is funny. Ill fitting and 'massively wrong' are two different things. ;)

thanks for the info, I will see what some of these people can do some the new year.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:24 pm

wladek wrote:Ha, the link is funny. Ill fitting and 'massively wrong' are two different things. ;)

thanks for the info, I will see what some of these people can do some the new year.

Wrong?

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:53 pm

:D

Return to “1715-1810”