Page 1 of 1

TORM this weekend 9th-11th Nov

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:15 pm
by Mark P.
I know theres already probably a thread elsewhere but who cares.
Anyway I plan to be there Saturday afternoon for the usual re supply of flints and black powder solvent.

Mark P.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:31 pm
by steve stanley
Same shopping list as me..See you there.
Steve

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:53 pm
by Tod
Me to. Need to buy up all the leather.

Re: TORM this weekend 9th-11th Nov

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:58 pm
by Tod
Mark P. wrote:IAnyway I plan to be there Saturday afternoon for the usual re supply of flints and black powder solvent.

Mark P.


I have ready supply of BP solvent if you want some, but it might have gone cold by the week end.

Re: TORM this weekend 9th-11th Nov

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:03 pm
by Andy R
Tod wrote:
Mark P. wrote:IAnyway I plan to be there Saturday afternoon for the usual re supply of flints and black powder solvent.

Mark P.


I have ready supply of BP solvent if you want some, but it might have gone cold by the week end.


Good grief, you are as bad as Dingo (although no where near as enthusiastic about it)

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:23 pm
by Steve of RaT
:roll: I think Tod means from the kettle not the bladder. :)

Shame Dingo wasn't at GPM, it would have been hilarious seeing him try to pee down the hot barrel after any of the skirmishes. :D :shock: :oops:

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:40 pm
by Jonnie Boy
I'll be there on Saturday with brats in tow to get them kit for next season. But don't let that put you off.

Also need to get my frizzen hardened. It just about gave up the ghost at GPM. Oh and lots more flints.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:54 pm
by Rob Elliott
I'll be there too. See you there.

Rob

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 am
by Andy R
Steve of RaT wrote::roll: I think Tod means from the kettle not the bladder. :)

Shame Dingo wasn't at GPM, it would have been hilarious seeing him try to pee down the hot barrel after any of the skirmishes. :D :shock: :oops:


As a Kiwi it would have made no difference to him, other than labeling it "extreme gun cleaning".

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:49 am
by Tod
Steve of RaT wrote::roll: I think Tod means from the kettle not the bladder. :)



Steve, you know me better than that, I was offering bladder fluid. :lol: :twisted: Maybe with a Thunderbird twist.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:52 am
by Andysmith
You mean that you heathens 'wee' down your barrels? Ugh, how disgusting. However, I will continue to s**t in my sporran in order to soften the leather. Someone told me it was the 'authentic' way to do things - then he ran off laughing....I wonder why?

Prior warning : I shall be at TORM on Friday afternoon ('skiving' from work) and on the Saturday morning too (for I will certainly have forgotten to buy the things I want on the Friday)...just thought you need to know so that you can hide in time...just don't catch my eye otherwise I shall sit down next to you in the cafe; if I say "Will you be my friend?" and "I know where you live!" please don't be overly worried, they are only 'words'...actually, regarding the last one, perhaps you should change your locks...just as a precaution...no real problems (the restraining order is still 'in date').

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:25 pm
by Henrik Bjoern Boegh
Andysmith wrote:However, I will continue to s**t in my sporran in order to soften the leather.
Sooo... Tat's why yer oatmeal taste sae awfu'?

Cheers,
Henrik

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:19 am
by Grymm
Andysmith wrote: However, I will continue to s**t in my sporran in order to soften the leather. Someone told me it was the 'authentic' way to do things


Weeeeell ye' can't get the white dog turds like ye' used too so I s'pose its the next best thing.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:10 pm
by Mark P.
OK, who got all the flints?
I was left with about three!

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:27 pm
by Tod
We've got a load we got off Gary at RGM, there a bit sticky with mead (so he told us), so we can help you go click.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:54 pm
by Mark P.
Soiled flints. Yuk.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:15 pm
by Jonnie Boy
I only picked up a few flints. The selection Ron had left at about 3pm wasn't great. I did pick up a bit of leather to seat the flints better though (old one had work too thin to be much good).

The most successful thing was leaving my frizzen to be rehardened (again). Too many misfires at the last few events for my liking... (and we can't all go "click" and expect those pesky Jacobites to run away)

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:27 pm
by Tod
Jonnie Boy wrote:
The most successful thing was leaving my frizzen to be rehardened (again). Too many misfires at the last few events for my liking... (and we can't all go "click" and expect those pesky Jacobites to run away)


Pesky Jacobites, what are you the Scooboo Doo of the Redcoat army?

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:55 am
by Jonnie Boy
Tod wrote:Pesky Jacobites, what are you the Scooboo Doo of the Redcoat army?

Nah, more like the Fred.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:59 am
by Tod
Flintstone.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:59 pm
by Jonnie Boy
Tod wrote:Flintstone.

So instead of

Sergeant: Present
The gallant 13th: HUZZAH!
Sergeant: Fire!

You want

Sergeant: Present
The gallant 13th: YABADABADOO!
Sergeant: :oops:

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:43 pm
by Tod
That would please Phil a lot. :lol:

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:26 pm
by Mark P.
Flintlocks,
meet the Flintlocks

etc

etc

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:36 pm
by Eric the well read
Mark P. wrote:Flintlocks,
meet the Flintlocks


What do you think of it so far?

Rubble :wink:
Regards
Eric

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:37 pm
by Jonnie Boy
Mark P. wrote:Flintlocks,
meet the Flintlocks

etc

etc

...they're the crumbly georgian family...

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:56 pm
by steve stanley
Jonnie Boy wrote:
Mark P. wrote:Flintlocks,
meet the Flintlocks

etc

etc

...they're the crumbly georgian family...


...From the
Field of Falkirk
How they still fire is a mystery