NAPOLEONIC BROWN BESS INDIA PATTERN SOCKET BAYONET.1803

Moderator: Moderators

MEINHARDCFJR2

NAPOLEONIC BROWN BESS INDIA PATTERN SOCKET BAYONET.1803

Postby MEINHARDCFJR2 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:22 am

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum and have a question about the above mentioned Bayonet.

I own one of these weapons and I am looking at passing it on, does anyone have any idea as to how much an item like this would be worth.

The bayonet is in excellent condition and is marked on the upper side of the blade WOOLEY 1803 a what appears to be a letter "A" and the number "8" whilst on the socket itself is a stylistically engraved number 18.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark.

P.S. Just tried adding pictures but it didn't happen, if pictures are required please send your Email address.

Andy R
Post Centurion

Postby Andy R » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:06 am

I bought one 10 years ago for £30 if that helps.

The market has improved since then (judging by the price of '96's) but I couldn't give you an up to date figure.

Check with Tenniswood's or similar online.

Email them and they should be able to give you an idea.

Young men have often been ruined through owning horses, or through backing them, but never through riding them: unless of course they break their necks, which, taken at a gallop, is a very good death to die

http://www.16ld.org

MEINHARDCFJR2

Postby MEINHARDCFJR2 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:59 am

Cheers Andy, thanks for your help.
Mark.

Ian Deveney

Bayonet

Postby Ian Deveney » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi Mark,
I bought a load of bayonets in April, they where priced at £38 many of them being original. what would add value to your bayonet would be to find the provenance for it, who made it, which regiment used it or even which soldier owned it. that would make it a valuable piece of history that any collector would love to have in there collection.
good luck and i hope you get a good price for it.
Ian

Those who live by the sword die by the guns of others :-)

Return to “1715-1810”