trench cap

Moderator: Moderators

madjon

trench cap

Postby madjon » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:06 pm

the soft cap 1916, im looking for a repro one, preferably second hand and a bit tatty, could be wool or denim,as long as its the right pattern, want it for doing a bit of ldv stuff, and dads old kit from the last war has turned up in more than a few photos, they are available if you send off to india or the us, but as im after a used one which looks a bit tattered and used, anyone got one? and i know i could age a new one but if i can find one which is already tatty then it makes life easier, that and how many people ask for tatty repro items? so if anyones got one let me know.

Sani

Postby Sani » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:15 pm

http://www.motion-picture-props.com/page18.html

Motion picture props do one for £50. I think theyve been aged for movie stock.

Private Dietz sir!

madjon

Postby madjon » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:03 pm

well done that man, excellent source, been looking for one for a while, so a bucket of mud and some scragging of a hat is in the near future,

Sani

Postby Sani » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Actually Ive always fancied doing WWI tommy...hmmmm maybe when Ive got nothing left to buy for my ww2 German impression (will that ever happen? :shock: ).

Private Dietz sir!

madjon

Postby madjon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:10 am

the best way to ensure you have no more german kit to buy is look at the prices soaring through the roof, genuine zeltbahn full of holes and moth rotten rings and mouldy £85 :shock:

ww1 is usefull as with the simple step of changing your respirator and badges you can become early ww2, i also suspect the price of items will go zooming up soon as the 100th anniversary of the start of ww1 approaches, so buying bits now may save a fortune in the long run.

Lord Byron
Absolute Wizard

Postby Lord Byron » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:51 am

Uh-hmm...

Having handled Motion Picture Props WW1 reproduction items in the past, I personally wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot barge pole...

For the same money they charge for some of their items (especially hat-wise) you could get an amazing quality reproduction from Richard "Dickie" Knight (I have one of his Gor'blimeys that is approaching 5 years old now and still looks amazing).

If you're interested, let me know and I'll send his email address.

4812trenchy

Postby 4812trenchy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Try Mr Kiddles they are made as close to the real thing as you can.
http://www.pegasusmilitaria.com/index_fichiers/wwi.htm

and as for ww1 reenacting have a deco at this

http://www.thegreatwarsociety.com/

this is a webely 445. ..............

Return to “1900 onwards”