9/10 Sept Cosby Leics. VICTORY SHOW

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Panzerman
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:02 pm
Contact:

9/10 Sept Cosby Leics. VICTORY SHOW

Postby Panzerman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:11 pm

The 2nd Victory Show will be held this coming weekend (see title)
Mustangs, Spits. Me109 (YES! A REAL ONE) Austers, Cubs, BBMF (Hopefully) Dak
Tanks, Halftracks, Jeeps, Trucks, More WWII types than you could shake a pointy stick at...
THE Battle..... 11 acre field, proper proportions, Arty barrages, Haystacks going up in flames, Tiger tanks bursting out of hedgerows, over 200 souls bigging it up as Sowdjers........
Panzerman does the bangs......

If you are doing nowt and live in the area - Get to Cosby for this Victory Show..... Last year was brilliant - This year promises to be better.....

A real up and coming event - and for those other period types - an opportunity to speak to a landowner who is keen to see his venue expanded upon..... Yes - You could be on to the start of a good gig in Leicestershire......... Good access, good organisation, good venue adn location..... If you do turn up either ask for PD or Pepp....... Oh aye!
Attachments
82b32835.jpg
Picture064.jpg
dopeymircats6zy.jpg


Image
Image
Panz - Forum sniper - infiltrate - one shot - exfiltrate....

User avatar
Alan_F
Post Centurion
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Grangemouth
Contact:

Postby Alan_F » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:07 am

Panz, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but how do you take hits in WWII re-enactment? It's pretty easy for medievalists because it's pretty obvious you've been hit, but speaking as someone who occasionally uses an arquebus and knows that people don't always take the hits when musketeers fire at them, how do you guys sort it out?


I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!

User avatar
Warden_D
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:02 am
Location: Milk and Beans
Contact:

Postby Warden_D » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:58 pm

Mrs Warden D and I will be their on the Sunday. Wanted to do Saturday but have bring the hay in from the fields for my wifes horse.

Its just not fair

Harry



User avatar
Panzerman
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:02 pm
Contact:

Postby Panzerman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:15 am

Alan_F wrote:Panz, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but how do you take hits in WWII re-enactment? It's pretty easy for medievalists because it's pretty obvious you've been hit, but speaking as someone who occasionally uses an arquebus and knows that people don't always take the hits when musketeers fire at them, how do you guys sort it out?

A big fat bastard from Yorkshire stands behind you and shouts "START DYING!"
If you had come You'd have seen possibly the BEST battle this year.
It had it all......
Image
And me and My mate did all the Pyros and SFX. I choreographed and co-ordinated the battle..... Hence - "DIE YOU BASTARDS!"

Image

Me Co-ordinating
Image

Some of the other attractions

Image

Image

Bloody good day out - Bloody good show


Image

Image

Panz - Forum sniper - infiltrate - one shot - exfiltrate....

User avatar
steve stanley
Post Knight
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: Leicester

Postby steve stanley » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:08 am

I had to work...but as that's about 2 miles down the road,I saw some REALLY authentic '40's traffic jams on the way home..bored my mate in the car with running commentary on the vehicles...
Steve


"Give me a tent and a kettle
Snowshoes and axe and gun
Send me up in Grand River
Steering by star and sun".
- Labrador Trapper's Song

User avatar
Warden_D
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:02 am
Location: Milk and Beans
Contact:

Postby Warden_D » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:08 am

Hey PD looked for you to say What ho, but either you have changed shape or I did not recognise you.

So I shall say it now "What ho all boy" Jolly good weekend, even if I did spend it in the marquee watching Punch and Judy to keep my little one happy.

Harry (craig)



User avatar
Sani
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Worcestershire
Contact:

Postby Sani » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:56 am

This was as always, an amasing show. I really enjoyed it and a big thank you to PD for wirring up the pyro etc. Was VERY funny when halfway through the battle, over the gunfire you hear a broad Yorkshire accent going "Start dying!!" :lol:


Private Dietz sir!

User avatar
Panzerman
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:02 pm
Contact:

Postby Panzerman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:03 pm

Image

Yep! A Real full sized Me109!!!!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Apologies - That's Me co-ordinating (I was wearing raybans!)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Panz - Forum sniper - infiltrate - one shot - exfiltrate....

User avatar
Jenn R
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Enjoying an ice cold diet coke!

Postby Jenn R » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:08 pm

Wow, you know how to have fun don't you?

Big boys and their toys......looking good Panz!


Bored now....

Image

User avatar
Alan_F
Post Centurion
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Grangemouth
Contact:

Postby Alan_F » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:14 pm

Panzerman wrote:
Alan_F wrote:Panz, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but how do you take hits in WWII re-enactment? It's pretty easy for medievalists because it's pretty obvious you've been hit, but speaking as someone who occasionally uses an arquebus and knows that people don't always take the hits when musketeers fire at them, how do you guys sort it out?

A big fat bastard from Yorkshire stands behind you and shouts "START DYING!"
If you had come You'd have seen possibly the BEST battle this year.
It had it all......
Image
And me and My mate did all the Pyros and SFX. I choreographed and co-ordinated the battle..... Hence - "DIE YOU BASTARDS!"


Bloody good day out - Bloody good show


I'd love to have seen it, but we had our first (hopefully of many) Battle of Linlithgow show on sunday. Bloody brilliant it was. 8)


I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!

User avatar
nerf herder
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: "The Bunker"

Postby nerf herder » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Awesome piccies! - looks like a great show.

To be pedantic, the Me 109 is not a real one - it's actually a Buchon (Bf 109G airframe, powered by a Rolls-Royce Merlin) but you can't get reconditioned DB601 engines these days........ :D

Thanks for posting these great shots.

Nerfy


"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there...."

User avatar
Alan_F
Post Centurion
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Grangemouth
Contact:

Postby Alan_F » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:03 pm

nerf herder wrote:Awesome piccies! - looks like a great show.

To be pedantic, the Me 109 is not a real one - it's actually a Buchon (Bf 109G airframe, powered by a Rolls-Royce Merlin) but you can't get reconditioned DB601 engines these days........ :D

Thanks for posting these great shots.

Nerfy


If you want to be really pedantic, the guy in the american plane is probably doing it wrong as well........

..... he's actually hitting the target! :lol:


I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!

User avatar
Panzerman
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:02 pm
Contact:

Postby Panzerman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:45 am

Yep It's a Bouchon but if you want to see at least TWO DB601s I can take you to them - IN THEIR CRATES!!!! :shock:

Aaaaanyway - Wartime or Re-enactment?

Image

Damned yankee artillery blew up our supply truck!!!!!

Killed the Driver and passenger - Wounded two of the occupants in the back.....


Image

Image

Panz - Forum sniper - infiltrate - one shot - exfiltrate....

User avatar
Alan_F
Post Centurion
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Grangemouth
Contact:

Postby Alan_F » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:06 am

Panz, purely out of interest, but what of the vehicles that are used in WWII displays can you take on the road?


I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!


Return to “1900 onwards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest