Evacuation BBC1/CBBC 4th September

Moderator: Moderators

Warden_D

Evacuation BBC1/CBBC 4th September

Post by Warden_D »

What ho chaps

Quick bit of advanced TV news for those of us who live in sunny Britain. CBBC are to show a new tv programme called Evacuation starting Monday 4th September 2006, BBC1/CBBC.

Former Blue Peter presenter Matt Baker hosts a series in which 12 city children experience life in World War Two at Castle Farm – a typical war-time farm house run by Mr and Mrs Rivett.

Watch out for the good looking Home Guardsman, he looks rather like Harry W. (I wonder why?)

Pip pip

Harry D

Evil Black Alice

Post by Evil Black Alice »

Oooh, I will look out for this, back to work Monday though alas, I will check to see when it is on! :D
color bruno, labbri grossi e capegli crespi

Evil Black Alice

Post by Evil Black Alice »

Right! Just found out it is on at five, I might just about make it home in time. :D
color bruno, labbri grossi e capegli crespi

Warden_D

Post by Warden_D »

What ho gang

Just checked the Radio Times and young Harry is featured on the programme 12th September 17:00-17:25

The Radio Times says "Reality TV show in which children experience the life of a wartime evacuee. The kids receive a visit from Private Pickard, a member of the Home Guard. If the evacuees were to see a spy, it's vital they're able to memorise and pass on detailed information about the enemy's position to the Home Guard. Private Pickard decides to test these skills in a game of Chinese whispers and teaches the evacuees how to scare the enemy using broom handles instead of bayonets."

Now how do I set the VCR?

Harry

Warden_D

Post by Warden_D »

Image of the children featured in the programme, plus below the BBC TV press release.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/progin ... evacuation

Tinkery Tonk

Warden D

marloes

Post by marloes »

Great show that was, I am also enjoying the new one on tv now :D

I think all modern children have to be evacuated for a few weeks if we want to save civilisation :lol:
LOTS of music and radio broadcasts from 1900-1945 downloadable;
www.joeri.net/radiofiles