Late C19th & early C20th reenactors wanted

Moderator: Moderators

STEENIE

Late C19th & early C20th reenactors wanted

Postby STEENIE » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:45 pm

British Cavalry Association International Open Cavalry Championships September 2016

The BCA will be holding its Cavalry Championships on the weekend of the 10th 11th of September next year.

We are expecting teams from Germany, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary Sweden, Russia, Canada and the USA The tests run over 4 days. All Cavalry Units will be picking a cavalry period in their history and wearing the uniform and horse tack of the year chosen. The tests are advanced and, well, testing lol.

We want to develop the total Event into a turn of the C19th/20th fest. As such, we are looking for both civilian and military reenactors to be part of these Championships. We are not looking for reenactment cavalry unless they want to compete. We are looking for those on the floor to add true flavour to the weekend.

Stan Watts
President
International Cavalry Association
Last edited by STEENIE on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We feast upon those that seek to subdue us. (Adams Family motto but suits my family exactly)

Henri De Ceredigion

Re: Late C19th & early C20th reenactors wanted

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:14 am

STEENIE wrote:British Cavalry Association International Open Cavalry Championships September 2016. The BCA will be holding its Cavalry Championships on he weekend of the 10th 11th of September next year. We are expecting teams from Germany, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary Sweden, Russia, Canada and the USA The tests run over 4 days. All Cavalry Units will be picking a cavalry period in their history and wearing the uniform and horse tack of the year chosen. The tests are advanced and, well, testing lol.

We want to develop the total Event into a turn of the C19th/20th fest. As such, we are looking for both civilian and military reenactors to be part of these Championships. We are not looking for reenactment cavalry unless they want to compete. We are looking for those on the floor to add true flavour to the weekend.

Stan Watts
President
International Cavalry Association

Now this sounds very interesting indeed (and late 19th / early 20th century I can do very easily indeed). However, the over riding question is "Where are you?"

STEENIE

Postby STEENIE » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:13 pm

We have a few venue options. However the race leader thus far is Holdenby House, Northamptonshire.

We feast upon those that seek to subdue us. (Adams Family motto but suits my family exactly)

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:06 pm

STEENIE wrote:We have a few venue options. However the race leader thus far is Holdenby House, Northamptonshire.

I knew that hoping Ceredigion would be an answer was a long shot. If you do consider the county, please let me know

STEENIE

Postby STEENIE » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:49 pm

I do not think that the British Cavalry Association has mounted members in Ceredigion. It is a shame as I hold the same cavalry title as the 7th Lord Cardigan in my Unit. Mind you, lovely part of the word.

Roussillon

Postby Roussillon » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:56 pm

What sort of individuals are you looking for? I'm in north Warwickshire so not too far from there and I'd love to help if I can. I'd like to come anyway as I'd really like to get involved in a light cavalry group and it'd be great to meet people.

STEENIE

Postby STEENIE » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:31 pm

The problem we are finding in the BCA/ICA competitions is, that a lot of the mounted tests are not even on site. Also, those that are, but for the mounted skill at arms tests are horsemanship tests such as dressage, which unless you know what you are looking at, looks like a horse/horses going around in circles. This means there is a vacuum in the structure of the event for Units on the ground to take advantage of our short comings in display to use the opportunity to do public displays, mingle with the public produce cameo etc. Indeed do their own thing within the larger structure. Ontop of all of this, we are looking for those who are not mounted but wish to support those that are. A mounted soldier is bit like the top of an iceberg. He is only 20% of the overall effort to get him there. His mind must be focussed on being a great horseman, who has trained a great horse, to be a team on the day. That must be his mind set. Therefore, everything around him must be covered so he can do that.

We are hoping all groups of the turn of the C19th/20th through to modern take the chance to be part of this as it is only a symbiotic relationship for all.

The one thing we will not accept in any form are WW2 Axis reenactors. They may have a place in a WW2 battle scenario but not at this event in England.

madjon

Postby madjon » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 pm

So, do you think you will be providing any pennies to cover the expense of going there feeding people and the costs of just turning up etc, :wink:
As for 19th century cavalry, you should try rearranging direction of approach and ask about the lancers, good fun tent pegging as long as you remember where to stick the lance.

If you want battles etc, then you may want Victorian late 19th century 1870 to 1900 type artillery supported by rocket batteries cavalry infantry and suitable opponents, again I go back to first question, as them is expensive to cart around and make go bang, not to mention arranging people etc.

ElHoggo

Postby ElHoggo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:42 pm

We are a small group that can do WW1 other occupations eg. Army chaplain, VADS nurse, policeman etc. Let me know if you're interested and i will see whos available. Cheers. John.

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:38 pm

Do you have a firm venue yet?

Return to “1900 onwards”