'What price Glory' trader - recommendations?

Moderator: Moderators

Big Gay Al

'What price Glory' trader - recommendations?

Postby Big Gay Al » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 am

Hi all,

Just putting some kit together for a WW2 RE Bomb Disposal interpretation.
Has anyone got any good or bad things to say about 'What Price Glory' as a trader?

Cheer the Beer. All Hail the Ale! Entwine with the wine....and..err.....Don't curse the Bratwurst??

AndyandHelen

Re: 'What price Glory' trader - recommendations?

Postby AndyandHelen » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm

He's very well regarded so you are fine. I have bought off him a few times, though you are best off putting in a biggish order to spread the postage costs across everything you fancy. There are other folk also worth a look, also the ww2 reenecatment forum has a lot of sales On frequent basis. So BD eh? I'm guessing you have/ want a jeep with red wings? A friends father was in BD postwar, you could recreate him. He was a WO later on made major. Very interesting set of badges on his battle dress, as he had WO direct reporting badge (that's the crowned leopard/lion on red and blue) , had the BDO badge on right forearm, MM, 8th army Africa star, Italy star, war medal, 39-45 star, ( got MBE in 1950s), SAS wings on shoulder, indirectly referring to his war service with ME Commando, Sacred Squadron, SAS, amongst others.... had opportunity to handles few fuses he had kept for personal collection,these included one from a Herman he defused at Hampton Court Palace.

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Depends what you want it for and what standard of authenticity.

Steve Kiddles Battledress is excellent and he's based here in the UK.

A lot of people don't rate Jerry at WPG's kit, some of it's ok/

K

Big Gay Al

Postby Big Gay Al » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks for response so far.
I'm interested in a P-37 webbing set, Marching order.

AndyandHelen wrote: So BD eh? I'm guessing you have/ want a jeep with red wings? A friends father was in BD postwar, you could recreate him. He was a WO later on made major. Very interesting set of badges on his battle dress, as he had WO direct reporting badge (that's the crowned leopard/lion on red and blue) , had the BDO badge on right forearm, MM, 8th army Africa star, Italy star, war medal, 39-45 star, ( got MBE in 1950s), SAS wings on shoulder, indirectly referring to his war service with ME Commando, Sacred Squadron, SAS, amongst others....

No plans for a jeep yet, but thanks! Also, the source material I'm interested in is 25 Co, so no wings. TBH, I haven't jumped so wouldn't wear wings anyway.

Miss Costello wrote:Depends what you want it for and what standard of authenticity.
Steve Kiddles Battledress is excellent and he's based here in the UK.
A lot of people don't rate Jerry at WPG's kit, some of it's ok/
K

As I said, interested in the webbing on offer at WPG. Authenticity? As authentic as is practicable and possible. I can't get original (too big a chap) so am getting BD and ammo boots etc made bespoke, based on a number images of a 25 Co. member. Also getting bespoke Pay book, ration cards, ID etc.

Thanks everyone - any further comments welcome!

Cheer the Beer. All Hail the Ale! Entwine with the wine....and..err.....Don't curse the Bratwurst??

AndyandHelen

Postby AndyandHelen » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Get yourself over to Platoon in Bury and have a root around there, they've got loads of stuff in stock, I can't think why I didn't suggest that first. You'll also be able to get yourself the worlds best black pudding while you're about it ( the food market is a tourist destination on its own merit). Anyway platoon have got rather a lot of 37 pattern, plus they'll have things you might not even have thought of. As you are doing BD I guess you're also after GS shovel, cable reels, phones, detector, cutters, etc, he usually has some of that too.

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 am

I'd say pop along to the WW2 forum, but you'll get too many people arguing over reccomendations there!

A great group in Sheffield doing RE with a bomb set up and everything. Are you on facebook and I can introduce you to them?

Kate

Big Gay Al

Postby Big Gay Al » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Miss Costello wrote:I'd say pop along to the WW2 forum, but you'll get too many people arguing over reccomendations there!

A great group in Sheffield doing RE with a bomb set up and everything. Are you on facebook and I can introduce you to them?

Kate

Hi Kate - thanks for that. I'm only just starting out in this period so need a little longer to find my feet. I don't think I'd be heading to events or anything that far north just yet, but thanks for the thought. If you could you let me know the group details, please, I would love to get in touch with them for advice etc?

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:52 pm

Pm coming your way Al.

Kate

czartank

Postby czartank » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 pm

I bought some of WPG's stuff recently, good quality and delivered very quickly.

On les Aura

Lord Byron
Absolute Wizard

Postby Lord Byron » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm

If anyone in the UK is ordering something from WPG in the near future I'd be interested to hear from you. They managed to omit something from a recent order I placed, and I can either pay $10 to have it shipped to me, or they can put it in another order to a "friend"... :roll:

"If I am a fool it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no-one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom".

Maker of reproduction WW1 and WW2 paperwork, eg 1915 AB64's, Officer's AB439's, Memorial Scrolls, etc:

http://www.thefunkhole.co.uk/

Return to “1900 onwards”