WW1 Lances

Moderator: Moderators

Joolz

WW1 Lances

Postby Joolz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:40 am

Just to give you guys the heads up, I was in my local gunshop/militaria dealers yesterday (Barbican Armoury, Brancepeth Castle - look it up), and amongst all the really interesting stuff he has, there were a pair of 1915 dated British cavalry lances, bamboo, with red/white pennons, cord wrap grip and leather wrist strap, excellent nick, with WD+Arrow stamps. He's already turned down an offer for £350 for the pair, and is just waiting for the right offer.......it's down to you guys. Oh, and it would be a collect (from just south of Durham City) as they are far too long to deliver, or even get in a car....

He also has a Denix Thompson in excellent nick going for £100 (the 1928A1 version, stick mag and horizontal foregrip - I got the 'mobster special' with drum mag!). They're a bit of fun, and at that price they would do as a knockabout prop gun.

Joolz
PS. if you're thinking of going there, his opening hours are a bit odd! Check them out first..

Sorry if this post violates any rules (mods, feel free to delete). I'm just spreading the word.

Mickey Mouse is dead!

l'Enfer, c'est les autres...

(all my images and designs are copyright)

spydde

Re: WW1 Lances

Postby spydde » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Although our troop does not use lances I will pass this on to the 16th who do
thanks for the heads up

made a note in my diary on the way here it simply said 'b**ger'

Return to “1900 onwards”