British 1908 Webbing

Moderator: Moderators

The Meenister

British 1908 Webbing

Postby The Meenister » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Where is the best place to order (within the UK), British, Great War, 1908 webbing,( battle order), and can you get it with water bottle, entrenching tool, and bayonet?
How long can it take for an order to be processed?
I have contacted a couple of places, but had no response yet from any of them.
Any ideas, please.

Musteteer and minister with Frasers Dragoones SK, lowlander with Lace Wars, mercenary with Thirty Years War artillery unit Hortus Bellicus. Been in re-enactment since 1986 which allows me to indulge my fetish for uniforms and facial hair.

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Re: British 1908 Webbing

Postby Miss Costello » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Dickie Knight, he can be slow in responding but his stuff is worth the wait. Can't see if he still does P08 webbing though.
http://www.milweb.net/dealers/trader/kh ... /index.htm

I know it's not in the UK, but Schipperfabrik...
http://www.schipperfabrik.com/brit_gear.html

Very good and sometimes quicker than waiting for UK stuff! (also has the E tool cover etc..)
K

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Right, apparently Dickie only does some conversions, the only one I could say right now is Schipperfabrik, however...I hear that someone else is trying to sort a run of it in the next few months if you can hang on.
Just asked my friend how long he waited for his stuff to turn up from Schipper and it was two weeks. V good, no complaints.

The Meenister

Postby The Meenister » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks Miss Costello. Two weeks would be great, I'll check Schipperfabrik out.
What about Pegasusmilitaria, Steve Kiddle, he is ment to good to too, but I haven't heard back from him for a while.

Musteteer and minister with Frasers Dragoones SK, lowlander with Lace Wars, mercenary with Thirty Years War artillery unit Hortus Bellicus. Been in re-enactment since 1986 which allows me to indulge my fetish for uniforms and facial hair.

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 am

Steve's stuff is spot on, wasn't aware that he did P08 but if he does it's probably good. I've yet to see anything he does that doesn't come up to scratch.

He is a busy man though and you'd probably be waiting a while. if you need it pronto, Schipperfabrik.

Good luck.
K

The Meenister

Postby The Meenister » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Yes Schipperfabrik look good, I'm just starting out in Great War living history, so I've got a lot to learn, and want to get the best I can.

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Cool, well if you need any help sing out!

Lord Byron
Absolute Wizard

Postby Lord Byron » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Miss Costello wrote:Right, apparently Dickie only does some conversions, the only one I could say right now is Schipperfabrik, however...I hear that someone else is trying to sort a run of it in the next few months if you can hang on.
Just asked my friend how long he waited for his stuff to turn up from Schipper and it was two weeks. V good, no complaints.

If that's what I think it is, shortly Khaki Devil Ltd should be the sole UK suppliers of Lawrence Ordnances reproduction 1908 webbing. I've bought a few pieces before now and been very happy with them. I would have bought a set had I not managed to get enough money together to buy a complete set of 1914 Pattern leather equipment from Khaki Devil Ltd instead (expensive, but absolutely top notch).

http://www.lawranceordnance.com/khaki_a ... _order.php

http://www.khakidevil.co.uk/Repro_Kit.html

"with water bottle, entrenching tool, and bayonet" - I wouldn't be too worried if a set didn't come with those, they're pretty easy to find on their own with a little bit of searching, and often much cheaper as a result.

"If I am a fool it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no-one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom".

Maker of reproduction WW1 and WW2 paperwork, eg 1915 AB64's, Officer's AB439's, Memorial Scrolls, etc:

http://www.thefunkhole.co.uk/

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Postby Miss Costello » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Ah, no this isn't that, it's a whole new production apparently...I'm sworn to secrecy! :silent:

K

Lord Byron
Absolute Wizard

Postby Lord Byron » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I thought other people might be interested to see this - Schipperfabrik in the US are now offering with their repro 1908 webbing set ammunition pouches that are actually woven into the desired shape as the originals were, rather than cut and stitched to shape as they used to and many other manufactures still do. I haven't handled theirs, but apart from a few very minor quibbles they really do look the dogs danglies. Now on the "I want" list:

http://www.schipperfabrik.com/store/ind ... cts_id=698

http://postimage.org/image/1u7t9t3no/full/

"If I am a fool it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no-one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom".

Maker of reproduction WW1 and WW2 paperwork, eg 1915 AB64's, Officer's AB439's, Memorial Scrolls, etc:

Melchett

Postby Melchett » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi. Semi-old post but I'm new.

Khaki devil stock the Lawrence Ordnance P08 W.E. which is superb.

Soldier of Fortune should be stocking the one piece woven cartridge carriers as at the end of Feb for £80 a pair. We asked Alun to get the early type with press studs on all pockets. He's going to get the later type left side with straps to lower pockets in due course so you don''t have to buy another set. These will compliment the Loz Ord stuff very well.

SoF also stock products that are "very very very very similar" to those stocked by Schipper Fabrik but cost less. :)

Should you be feeling flush then Silvermans sell genuine sets of Cartridge Carriers in grade 1 condition at £250 a set.

stevecobden

Postby stevecobden » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 am

It's a shame the Schipper do not sell their items individually, though I understand the reasoning why. However, having bought bits and pieces for different impressions that have not require the pouches, I am in a difficult position!

Lord Byron
Absolute Wizard

Postby Lord Byron » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Steve, if it's just the pouches you need then apparently Soldier of Fortune will soon be selling the same woven pouches in the early war symmetrical style and then the late style (as opposed to Schipperfabrik which currently only offers the late 1914 style with the sliding snaps on the left side) for £80 the pair, which sounds a bargain.

stevecobden

Postby stevecobden » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:56 am

I'll probably wait then (it's the latter type I am after); cheers for tip

Lord Byron
Absolute Wizard

Postby Lord Byron » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:55 am

Glad to help, if you know Sean Featherstone on FB he seems to be the one with the inside knowledge at the moment, might be worth dropping him a message of interest.

Melchett

Postby Melchett » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 pm

I know him, does he know you?

Lord Byron
Absolute Wizard

Postby Lord Byron » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Melchett wrote:I know him, does he know you?

Last time he spoke to me he seemed to... :angel:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:16 pm

The Meenister wrote:Where is the best place to order (within the UK), British, Great War, 1908 webbing,( battle order), and can you get it with water bottle, entrenching tool, and bayonet?
How long can it take for an order to be processed?
I have contacted a couple of places, but had no response yet from any of them.
Any ideas, please.

Stop buying stuff you addict :lol:

Recruiting for The Highland Company 1st Battalion 95th Rifles in Scotland

colonelblimpy

Postby colonelblimpy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 pm

The Lawrence Ordnance 08 webbings really good except the cartridge carriers which are NOT pinched. Pegasus militaria kit was ok, their pouches being 37 pattern cartridge carriers spliced together as are Khaki on Campaigns and Khaki Devils but very slow in delivery. Soldier of Fortunes 08 is ok....but their brassworks a bit cheesey. I'm following up the Schipperfabrik 08 at the moment but their brasswork looks dodgy plus they seem to stamp spurios info makers info on the OUTSIDE of their webbing items which would be difficult to cover with Blanco.

7thLeicesters

Postby 7thLeicesters » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:44 pm

I used to have a Schipper set.... didn't like it, some bits fell apart, within a year was on ebay. Now have a mix of original and Kiddle, worth the wait as it matches really well

We are a circus Squadron, we are old '22'
And binge and rev and joyride is all we're fit to do!

General Ignorance

Postby General Ignorance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Not from the UK, but excellent quality & a very good price too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150897989900

Delivery was quick with a written down value that helped the duty.

As good if not better than most others currently available.

M

Return to “1900 onwards”