Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Lyhtam St Annes WWII event 21st & 2nd August 2010

Postby Mark Griffin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm

* Edit post
* Delete post
* Report this post

Lytham St Annes Battle of Britain Weekend 21st & 22nd August

We have just been appointed Historical Co-ordinators for this event and will soon be sending out more info once the site layout and other logistics is settled.

We have a great green field location smack on the seaside, a concert planned for the Saturday night and a Spitfire that's being presented to the town as part of a permanent static display.

Any WWII groups (Allied only but any Allied nationality welcome) who are free and wishing to do a presentation at the event are welcome to contact me via EMAIL (not PM please!) to go onto the list. If you could include any relevant pictures and a link to your website or a group CV that would be great.

Yours,

Griff
[url]
www.griffinhistorical.com[/url]

01686 62 4439

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Sasha

Re: Lyhtam St Annes WWII event 21st & 2nd August 2010

Postby Sasha » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 am

Try the NWWW2A - there's a few of them here http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum

edited for carp spollink
Last edited by Sasha on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"We know what the world thinks of us...but, every now and then, when trouble comes knocking at the door, we're good people to know." Spies of Warsaw by Alan Furst

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks for that sasha

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Flesh&Blood

Postby Flesh&Blood » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:20 pm

So, it's a Battle of Britain weekend, complete with Spit (nice), and it's open to 'all allied groups', so that would include loads of jeep hopping Americans then? Just that by stating 'allied' thats the way it looks, and unless my brian is wired wrong, the Battle of Britain was in 1940, but the Americans didn't enter the frey until late in 1941? In my mind a BoB weekend would be all Home Guard or LDV,the remnants of the BEF, Anti aircraft and Searchlight crews, Observer Corps and NaaFi vans, with maybe a German Paratrooper thrown in for good measure (as this is what everyone was scared of in 40) and a few Lufty types as there were more Germans in Britain at that time than Americans (OK ,they were shot down air crew but the figures still stand). Hmmmmm, bizarre. :worried:

Marcus Woodhouse
Absolute Wizard

Postby Marcus Woodhouse » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:41 pm

I recentlly watched a programme called "Churchills Germans" which was all about the thousands of Germans and austrians who fled Nazi Germany and fought in all branches of the bristish military dispite spending time behind bars upon arrival just in case they were spies. Including the real Engloriuos Basterds, Jewish commandos. Oh yes, yes, yes.

OSTENDE MIHI PECUNIAM!

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:04 pm

At the moment that's what its called. But I will be advising a change of name and and am wanting to turn it into a 'local' wartime show with a strong 'local' home front element.

Your list is pretty much what I had in mind in fact and some of those elements are already in place.

Thanks,

Griff

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Stunningly brilliant event! well done to all who attended. Paul Caspar as George Formby, Katie Spitfire and Blast from the Past musicians were absolutely brilliant as were NWW2LHA and friends. Well done also to UK Homefront and the other family area workers as well as the Fylde spitfire group, the MVT attendeees and anyone I've missed. Hope we'll do it again next year.

Griff

Attilla the Bun

Postby Attilla the Bun » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm

My mum (80) thought you were all brilliant!

Age and Treachery will always overcome Youth and Skill

Return to “1900 onwards”