Axis Forces Re-enactment Association

Moderator: Moderators

Panzerman

Axis Forces Re-enactment Association

Post by Panzerman »

Thought I'd start a trend.
If you wish to portray a German Soldier of WWII and want to engage in as many activities connected with this as possible. We are a very active group appearing at major venues year round.
We organise private training events involving other groups also.
We operate and maintain a variety of vehicles of the period.
We have high standards
We are safe
but most importantly
WE HAVE FUN

click on the banner below for more details.
Min age 17.
Panz - Forum sniper - infiltrate - one shot - exfiltrate....

A J

Post by A J »

A very active group? Sounds right up my alley! Tell me Mr Pman are you very strict?
Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the things I cannot and a big bag of money!

Panzerman

Post by Panzerman »

LOL!
Ask my Boys! I CAN BE!

A J

Post by A J »

So you're strict with boys as well!! I like a man who is versatile!
Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the things I cannot and a big bag of money!

Dougie

Post by Dougie »

Yup its the alpine goats who have to worry round PZ :wink:
My views are my views no one else`s just mine. Should you happen to agree you`re obviously a very smart person :)

Jenn R

Post by Jenn R »

Goats???? You are being very quiet about something here!!! Humm? Is that your preference?????? :shock:

Panzerman

Post by Panzerman »

It's Dougie's dream - let him live it!

Jenn R

Post by Jenn R »

Dougies' dream is to watch you and goats????? This gets worse!!!!

nerf herder

Post by nerf herder »

I think he's just kidding.

KIDDING

baby goats

geddit?

Oh, please yourselves!!!

Nerfy
"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there...."

Sani

Post by Sani »

Boom boom.....oh wait thats a fox.

http://www.afra.org.uk/pdspace/images/w ... ercrew.wmv

This could be you....
Private Dietz sir!

Kes

Post by Kes »

This all looks really interesting. On the site it says you have to be 18 to join- which is correct?

Also on the site, they're all men... :(

Sani

Post by Sani »

Kes wrote:Also on the site, they're all men... :(

Thats because there were no women in frontline Wehrmacht units :wink:
Private Dietz sir!

Kes

Post by Kes »

Sani wrote: Thats because there were no women in frontline Wehrmacht units :wink:
...But as far as I understand it, some socs (like the Sealed Knot) let their womenfolk dress up as men.

Sorry if this is going off topic, but do you know of any WWII groups that would let me (17 years old, female) join? I'd be quite happy to dress up as a guy, but at the same time can fully understand if this would compromise the integrity of the group. Thanks, and sorry once again if there's some newbie idiot thread I should be joining but have missed. :oops:

Der Spiess

Post by Der Spiess »

Hi Kes,

If you really have an interest for WWII there are plenty of groups that you could become involved in. if the battling side appeals to you then you really need to look for a Russian unit to join. If you would like to get involved with other jobs that women did during the time, then there are a host of others available. Signals, nurses, anti aircraft gunners. Is it Axis that appeals to you or Allied as well :?: Let me know what your interests are and I can point you at the right association.

All the best

Der Spiess

Schmidt 2IC
Kp.2 / Pzr. Gren. Rgt. 60 / 116 Pz. Div. "Der Windhund"

Panzerman

Post by Panzerman »

Made the papers again
http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/n ... ester.html

To be aired Stateside 26 Jan 06. Later in the UK.... Watch out for us!

Always looking for suitable new members.

Kate Tiler
Post Centurion

Post by Kate Tiler »

Sounds as though you've been having fun! I look forward to seeing it when it airs here - remind us though! Merry Festivities :)
http://www.katetiler.co.uk
http://www.companyofartisans.co.uk
"In art as in life everything is possible as long as it is based on love" Marc Chagall

aussie_viking
Location: NSW Australia-currently in the Himmalaya's disguised as a yak

Post by aussie_viking »

Just thought you might like to see what us 'Aussie' germans get up to, or at least what we look like lol.
Graham :-)
Attachments
scouts ost 05.jpg
small me & simon Ost nov 05 002.jpg
'Stamford Bridge Special Needs archers'

"We stand our ground because we can't see what's coming & we probably couldn't run away from it anyway!"

Boba Fett

Post by Boba Fett »

Not my period by any strech of the imagination but the sandwich delivery lady at work had heard I do re-enactment and wanted to know if i was interested in a captured german flag from WWII apparently quite large and fully intact if anyones interested PM me and I'll try to get more details for you.
He's no good to me dead
He liked his women like he liked his coffee: ground up and in the fridge

yorkie

Post by yorkie »

I found a very nice bundle of wermacht kit on ebay last week, full kit, tunic, boots, helmet, belt, panzer grenadier smock etc, but it looks like it got removed by ebay or otherwise withdrawn. not sure why ebay would have removed it, there were no Nazi symbols etc.

Not entirely sure I would go over to WW2 re-enactment, I'm sure the events would most likely clash with my medieval events, but its always interested me none the less. Is liscensing rifles a problem for this period? I used to do ACW but they came under shotgun liscence, not sure it would be the same for this period, or are they considered 'safe' and exempt from liscensing? not really sure what a replica KAR98 or similar would entail in terms of that.

Out of interest (and that I might one day try to balance two periods if possible) how much would full kit for this period end up costing as a ball park figure? Oh, and are there any groups in the south west that anyone knows of?

cheers
yorkie

madjon

Post by madjon »

groups in plymouth for ww2 , german are the 5th fallschirmjaeger and allied are the 2nd devons, kit would probably be a about £2or£300 to start with, not including side or long arms, have a look at bjs militaria on the barbican for bits of kit if interested , there are lots of groups in the southwest. try talking to the reenactors at crownhill fort on 1/2 april where theres an event on they will give you a few ideas about units and ww2 in the southwest.

Sani

Post by Sani »

yorkie wrote:I found a very nice bundle of wermacht kit on ebay last week, full kit, tunic, boots, helmet, belt, panzer grenadier smock etc, but it looks like it got removed by ebay or otherwise withdrawn. not sure why ebay would have removed it, there were no Nazi symbols etc.

Not entirely sure I would go over to WW2 re-enactment, I'm sure the events would most likely clash with my medieval events, but its always interested me none the less. Is liscensing rifles a problem for this period? I used to do ACW but they came under shotgun liscence, not sure it would be the same for this period, or are they considered 'safe' and exempt from liscensing? not really sure what a replica KAR98 or similar would entail in terms of that.

Out of interest (and that I might one day try to balance two periods if possible) how much would full kit for this period end up costing as a ball park figure? Oh, and are there any groups in the south west that anyone knows of?

cheers
yorkie
Hi Yorkie

Sorry I havent been able to reply to your post. Kar 98's (live) can indeed be held on a FAC 1 (Fire Arms Cert. 1) and can also be hired from an armourer.

A decent basic kit IMHO will cost you more than £300.

Kielhosen (trousers) = £110
Tunic (without insignia) £150
Insignia = £25 roughly
Belt = £25
Buckle - SS = £17 or £35 depending which one
- WH = £17
- LW = £17 or £35 " " " " " "
M43 cap = £35
Helmet = £150-200 depending on the size of your noggin
K98 Pouches = £35 for a set
Zeltbahn = £35 repro £40-100 original
Zelt poles and bag £10
Breadbag = £10
Knife fork spoon = £4
Shoes (take your pick): £65 - jackboots PW bundy
£165 jackboots exact replica
£35 Swedish/Royal Navy deck ankle boots
£135 ankleboots exact replica
Gators = £20
Bayonet = £45+
Bayonet-frog = £10
Y-straps £35
D-rings £6 for 2
Waterbottle - £35
Gasmask tin = £35 - £60 with gasmask and original paint
Gasmask tin straps = £9
Zeltbahn straps = £10 for two.

Thats a basic kit list, we usually get our kit from www.Richardaunderwood.com - Schön qualität :wink:

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that alot of groups (such as ours for example) people will lend you kit in the first 12 months until you are up to scratch.

All the best
Tom.
Private Dietz sir!

yorkie

Post by yorkie »

Thanks for the info. Prices arent too bad, not as expensive as medieval thankfully. Perhaps i'll look into joining up with the wermacht for next year, I'll check into the dates of the large events first see if they clash with tewkesbury/berkeley etc.

thanks again for the pricelist breakdown and link to the website, think I might go buy a german helmet shortly either way for playing Call to duty online with, (dont know why, but its more fun playing it with helmet on) I have the US airbourne helmet for playing call to duty, which I picked up cheap at the last kirby hall event -by the way the ww2 display there was the best re-enactment event I have ever seen, I was excited enough when i saw the Stuart and Sherman tanks, then there was the Tiger. parachuting into the field and the strafing run with a spitfire really rounded it off. :lol:

moscow spartak

Post by moscow spartak »

mind you for those prices you could kit out a full soviet guards division! And of course ours comes with living creatures in the cloth! Its like a small (state authorised) circus or small collectivised farm! Urrah!!!

Sani

Post by Sani »

True true, economy re-enacting en'all....but admittedly if you like the smart look go for German :P We did Russki for a film production and you just end up looking like a kaki mass...totally no definition at all. And didnt you know darling? Black and red are sooooo in this year at Paris :roll: :lol:

Welcome mate. nice to see you around :)

Tom.
Private Dietz sir!

Panzerman

Post by Panzerman »

AFRA have just purchased their SECOND halftrack. We would be interested to hear from suitable individuals who fit the criteria for membership (See website) and want to work on the restoration of this vehicle with a view to being part of the crew in 2007.

Meanwhile we have lots of exciting and varied shows and projects for you to take part in alongside the restoration.

Take a look at http://www.afra.org.uk and drop us a line..

johnny crow

Post by johnny crow »

cheaper than Brit kit Panz decent battledress and Denison costs more than 300 alone :wink:
E TIMIDI MATER NON FLET

" a cowards mother never weeps "

www.freewebs.com/bowmansuk

Panzerman

Post by Panzerman »

We took our stuff to Beltring! Opened it up for the Public and everything.
We are the ONLY fully motorised Panzer Grenadier or Aufklarungs unit in the UK.
All our members can fit in our vehicles!!!! We still have some spare seats too!!!!!
Remember - Some of the others still have to walk!!!! ( or cadge a lift!)