Great War Troop Trains

Moderator: Moderators

Marghec

Great War Troop Trains

Postby Marghec » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:14 am

Hi all,

As well as an interest in 12 inch to 1 ft scale Great War Cavalry, I also dable in model railways, N guage, 2mm to 1 ft, for my grandchildren you understand.

I am currenty researching Great War troop trains with the intent to put together a model troop train, certainly Cavalry with animal and troop transport, perhaps even Artillery with guns on flatbed trucks. I have found a few interesting photos, mainly trains on the Continent, from War Illustrated, however, I wish to model a train in the UK. Does anyone know of any books dedicated to or with good info on this specific aspect of the war, or any photos?

Thanks,

John T

Merlon.
Post Centurion

Postby Merlon. » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:55 pm

The Longmoor Military Railway was the training site for most of the armies Railway Operating Companies
There is a book "Longmoor Military Railway" by DW Ronald 1974 published by David & Charles that you might be able to get through inter library loan

Plenty of hits on Google for the LMR and ROCs

Probably find somthing through there

Marghec

Troop Trains

Postby Marghec » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:50 am

Thanks Merlon, I had tried Google, but being an old duffer who speaks a more archaic language I have not googled the correct word to find anything.

John T

Return to “1900 onwards”