tommy groups

Moderator: Moderators

redrat

tommy groups

Postby redrat » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:41 pm

just woundering are their any tommy world war 2 groups on here you all seem to the ww1 or medievil ?

RTB

Postby RTB » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:52 am

Not realy my area, but do try,

www.WWIIReenacting.co.uk

Chris

Winner: Livinghistory.co.uk "Posting Style of the Year" Award, 1978

Warden_D

Postby Warden_D » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:04 pm

I am here old boy, The good old Home Guard ready for the final scrap should Jerry try and cross the channel.

Warden D
Home Front Friends
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/homefrontfriends

sectionofficerpenny

Postby sectionofficerpenny » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:55 pm

Hello there,

http://www.royalnorfolks.com/

This is a tommy group. For more details PM me :D

Sophie

marksman

tommy groups

Postby marksman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:53 pm

yes there is a new group out there ,they do british tommy an essex regiment i think ...www.battle4europe.co.uk

dragon gun

Yes we are here

Postby dragon gun » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:59 am

The south Wales Borderers WW2 Re-enactment Group are here.

A normal dirty Tommy infantry soldier as he would have looked on D-Day when he landed at Le Hemal.

PLEASE go and have alook at our website

www.webster.uk.net/Re-enactmentWW2SWB

Many thanks
Paul
unit commander

FORTRESS WALES 2016

1st and 2nd May 2016
take a step back in time…..multi period living history
CALDICOT CASTLE COUNTRY PARK

Defence Of Blaenavon
To be Held at the Blaenavon Ironworks NP4 9RN
This will be a WW2 War event

Andy T

wow warden D a Northover!!!!

Postby Andy T » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:49 pm

I am now officially very jealous of you Warden D a Northover!!!! Very nice!!!!

I am very slowly looking into getting kit together for 21st or 22nd West Riding HG (Calder Valley) as my Grandad was in that mob (well one of them!) BTW I used to work at Beverley Museum of Army Transport and in the archives there was a big metal trunk. Inside said metal trunk was the complete records including attendance registers, photos, equipment logs, tactical maps and so on of 2nd Bn East Riding HG based at Brough-also happened to cover South Cave where my parents live.

Now what was impressive about this trunk was that it was complete and the level of detail was outstanding. For example Brough Bn had a platoon at Blackburns factory with a couple of quad Marlin machine guns! South Cave platoon was a 100 strong. They had around 1 BAR per 3 men, they also had 2 Browning 7.62mm MMG's (like the Vickers but American), 4 or so fougasses, Blacker bombard, etc. On the register were also a few famous names-Wilson, Jones and Mainwaring -I kid you not! Sad truth time now, the museum has closed and I have no idea where that trunk is. Thats one of the biggest regrets of my life-that I'm too honest and never rescued (ahem) that trunk-plus you could have written a book with all those contents!

Finally East Riding area was quite interesting at the time, one of the armoured loco's used to pass through Beverley and Brough (you know those with the 2 six pounder guns off WW1 tanks?), South Cave happened to be home to some of the Free French staff-my father was at Canjuers Training Camp in the S France with the 21eme Recree (Napoleonic French 21st Line) and was introduced to Colonel Willing (the chap in charge of Les Invilides and during the war on De Gaulles staff), when told that pater hailed from South Cave he then proceeded to tell my Dad about living at Cave Castle and doing the rounds with Charles de Gaulle! (You can see pics of Colonel Willing in De Gaulles staff car as he enters Paris), they do say its a small world.......

Andy

Infamy, infamy, infamy they've all got it in for me...
http://s3.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=211216

Return to “1900 onwards”