Black Country Museum event 2006

Moderator: Moderators

Birmingham Fusilier

Black Country Museum event 2006

Postby Birmingham Fusilier » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:06 pm

I have posted this message on the Great War Forum but wish to reach as many Great War Living History Groups but more importantly Edwardian Civvie re-enactors to get involved next year.

Following two succesful events this year organised by the City Batts Great war Living History Group with SRD, K14 and the Great War Society at the Black Country Museum I am keen to build on this and arrange next years events. Whilst no themes were arranged as such for the recent events I would be interested in getting peoples ideas and opinions as to what I could arrange for next year.

For those of you present at the last two events I am sure you will all agree that this venue is ideal for our own benefits particularly the use of the period pub with a pianist playing all the old tunes of the day. The atmosphere is second to none.

What I really would like to do is extend this atmosphere throughout the day and arrange as many "Edwardian" civvies to next years event to add some realism to the village for ours as well as the publics benefit.

Any thoughts ideas or critisicms on these ideas will be most welcome and acted upon. Please let me know what you would like for next year and more importantly how many events would you like at this venue?

Regards
Pete Knight

peteknight@citybatts.com
www.citybatts.com

Return to “1900 onwards”