greetings

Moderator: Moderators

Kate1812

greetings

Postby Kate1812 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:36 pm

Just a note to say hello from Malta

This is so simple a child of 5 could understand it......quick fetch me a child of 5!

Helzbelz

Postby Helzbelz » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:30 pm

Now you're just showing off, I'm in darkest Derbyshire and it's been raining for 2 day and hasn't really got lighht properly today apart from about five minute.

Helz
"We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another."

Kate1812

Postby Kate1812 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:20 pm

If it makes you feel better I'm back in Wales now and as Jonah told God we he got out, "Its bloody wet in Whales"

But it was pretty good in Malta, apart from the ember coming out of the barrel as I was priming the gun and the cartridge expolding in my hand. I must remeber to load my gun slowly like the French ( Sorry Louis) :lol:

This is so simple a child of 5 could understand it......quick fetch me a child of 5!

Louis

Postby Louis » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:07 pm

Hmm...
Here's a sticker for the butt of your musket.

How was the gig?
One of the best events of the last decade was the bi-cenntenary event of '98 that lasted a week.
Bout 600 took part in that one. Street fights, sieges, crazy night clubs, peddalos and a six hour football match that finished at 5 in the morning!
I'll have to dig some piccys out.

Louis

Postby Louis » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:42 pm

Here's one from Medina

Kate1812

Postby Kate1812 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:19 am

It was great again, night-time battle through the streets of Birgu on Friday, on Saturday as we were RN landing party again we were invited to lay a wreath on an Admiral's tomb for the official Maltese Trafalgar celebrations and finaly on Sunday a re-enactment of the expulsion of the French army by Nelson in 1801.

I'm awaiting the photos back from the chemist so I'll post them if they're any good. Although weve been promised copies from the camera crew from the Malta Tourist Board who filmed everything including the exploding hand so if I do get a pic of that I will show it here as a warning to all who load to fast.

Helzbelz

Postby Helzbelz » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:17 pm

Kate1812 wrote:If it makes you feel better I'm back in Wales now and as Jonah told God we he got out, "Its bloody wet in Whales"

But it was pretty good in Malta, apart from the ember coming out of the barrel as I was priming the gun and the cartridge expolding in my hand. I must remeber to load my gun slowly like the French ( Sorry Louis) :lol:

That's nothin babe, I went up to the gun range near where I llive last weekend and managed to blow the nipple out of my gun in the middle of a competition, luckily it didn't hit anybody, but we never found it.

Helz

"We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another."

Louis

Postby Louis » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:23 pm

Blimey,
Exploding Nipples? :?
Stick that on your H&S risk assesment.

Kate1812

Postby Kate1812 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:27 pm

blimey, am I glad it was only my hand I damaged. And I thought that smarted! :shock:

Lady Mitch

Postby Lady Mitch » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:08 pm

Hello Kate <<waves>>

Got lost and found my way on here, bit out of my period this....shuffles back..tugging forelock...

Mitch x

madjon

Postby madjon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 pm

important to tweek your nipple with a nipple tool every now and then to make sure it hasnt come loose, check the thread for stripping . but exploding nipples?

Helzbelz

Postby Helzbelz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:15 pm

I know all about tweaking nipples madjon, it was a brand new one that had only fire 9 shots and it wasn't coming unscrewed, I was checking after each shot as that's what my old nipple used to do

Helz

madjon

Postby madjon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:45 pm

never heard of them exploding before, was there a fault in the nipple casting, just being nosey as i service 3 bands for a group im with, only ever had problems with loose ones or ones which have become blocked through sweating, but as it was only in use for 9 rounds id guess a fault in production, was it a new manufactured one or a 'new' original?

Return to “1810-1900”