Moderator: Moderators

Adam

Post by Adam »

Its a bit quiet in here, so I thought I'd post something new. So how did everyones 2005 go?

I think mine was good, although I might just be doing the hindsight thing. I'm sure I didn't enjoy Plancenoit as much when I was actually there, now however it was fantastic.
"All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds"

Louis

Post by Louis »

Hi Adam,
Yeh it is a bit sleepy here.
Youve probably heard about the Portmouth/Trafalgar event already and how unique it was. Never to be repeated I should imagine.
The trouble with the Plancenoit gig is you have to wonder whether it is still a re-enactment of the battle,
or a re-enactment of the previous years re-enactment! A bit of a Groundhog day.

Had a brill time in Luxembourg last month.
Loads of powder, food, beer and a pub full of female exchange students from the U.S and Denmark. Ding dong! :twisted: :twisted:

Still got Austerlitz to do in December, should top any previous events in numbers. About 4000 with any luck.

Amy B

Post by Amy B »

Hey, yea.. it was a good year, a bit.. strange.. but still very good and lots of fun. Plancenoit was.. eventful lol, bit too hot for my liking but it was still good! Cant wait until next season, I now have no events left to go to :( I think i'm going to the 68th's AGM thing though.. not sure..
XxX

Kate1812

Post by Kate1812 »

Definitely agree that it was a good year, especially Trafalgar/Portsmouth, but also we’ve done a few small events which were fun to do again.

But our year is not finished yet; we’ve got Malta in 2 weeks which appears to be a smaller version of Portsmouth, so should be good, then an exciting possible event in mid November, and finally a battle to commemorate the 200th anniversary of Telford’s canal aqueduct in Wrexham
This is so simple a child of 5 could understand it......quick fetch me a child of 5!

Adam

Post by Adam »

Glad to hear everyone had a good un'. Hear hoping 2006 will see the same sort of stuff.

I think your right about Plancenoit. It was the first time I'd been so it had a certain charm, not be going back next year though. I'm considering joining the French Army :D so I don't have to march god know how far to get to battles and the heat didn't help.

I miss the old days of the street battles in Italy, they we're fun....I so want to go back.

Louis

Post by Louis »

Adam,
What Italian events were you at?
I was at all the main ones like Rivoli, Arcola, Milan,St Raphael, Peshiera, etc

If youre getting bored being a Recoat why not come and join us for a few years.
Surely Austerlitz, Auerstadt/Jena, Pultusk and Luxemborg is more exciting than than Old Sarum and Detling?

Adam

Post by Adam »

I was at Elba, Sarzana, St. Raphael and probably some others I can't remember. Elements of the 68th we're at Marengo, as Austrians. Admittably I was a tad younger in them days.

Although I love to join the 9eme, yous' guys are like mine and my brothers idols! Its not boredom though, I still love the 68th. It's just wanting to do something a tad different, I could do both really.