Annual Grand Regency Ball, Assembly Rooms Bath

Moderator: Moderators

Alice the Huswyf
Post Knight

Annual Grand Regency Ball, Assembly Rooms Bath

Postby Alice the Huswyf » Fri May 15, 2015 8:00 pm

A perfect public time-tarting opportunity, something enjoyable for the Waterloo stay at homes or treat your Belgian grass widow partner to a party as a thank you!

Fully costumed event which uses the Bath Assembly Rooms for their original purpose - card room, bar, separate supper rooms, hot buffet supper and a large room dedicated to dancing, without having to move supper tables about and orphan diners (I'm always one, at such events), space to watch, space to talk.

This is a sociable event encompassing complete beginner and experienced dancers - just like the original public subscription balls of the period there is a huge range of people to meet or observe. It is a good place for a cold start for beginners (many of us did so!) as you can hide in the crowd - groups travel from America, Australia, Russia and all points in between for this one...

Tickets are £85 each, but well-discounted if you book a table. The afternoon dance workshop ticket includes tea and cream scones and is £15: attendance is advisable, if not for the craic.

Full details here: http://www.farthingalecostumes.com/index.php/17/

This event coincides with the Jane Austen Festival , so you can strut your funky Regency stuff through the streets without standing out, and pick up talks, events and photo-opportunities in addition.

If you don't do the period , want to go and have no kit, you can hire direct from Farthingales: (last year we met a young Chinese student who saw the dance workshop through the door when visiting the Assembly Rooms on a day out, got a ticket and hired a frock and caught the last train back to York after the ball - now that's what I call a party girl!)

Is it 'coz I is middewl clarse, aih?

Return to “1810-1900”