Bedding wanted!

Moderator: Moderators

lucyd_coam

Bedding wanted!

Postby lucyd_coam » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Good morning!

I work at Chiltern Open Air Museum, a historic buildings museum in Buckinghamshire.

I am currently working on a project to furnish our newly erected building, a 19th century cottage from Haddenham. The inhabitants were labourers and the date we're furnishing it to is 1840s. We're having a wooden stump bed made for the bedroom but are having trouble finding suitable bedding for the room. Would any one know of any where I could source plain rough woollen blankets please? I would be grateful for any helpful information.

Many thanks,

Lucy

Nigel
Post Knight

Re: Bedding wanted!

Postby Nigel » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:47 pm

pmd you

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: Bedding wanted!

Postby Mark Griffin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:48 am

army surplus- Royal Navy married quarters blankets are pretty good.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Return to “1810-1900”