Victorian event UK

Moderator: Moderators

Lord High Everything Esle
Post Centurion

Victorian event UK

Postby Lord High Everything Esle » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm talking to someone about the possibility of including some Victorian re-enactors in and event based in the Midlands over the weekend of 28/29th July. Contact me if that's of interest to you.

Apart from some very specific and well researched roles there is no cash involved on this first occasion. It's just a fun event but there are some Fringe benefits.

Will/Dave

Will/Dave, the Jolly Box Man and Barber Surgeon

"Physicians of all men are most happy; what good success soever they have, the world proclaimeth, and what faults they commit the earth coverest." Frances Quarles (1592-1644) Nicocles

450 Martini

Re: Victorian event UK

Postby 450 Martini » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 am

My Group does 1870's/1880's British Army (58th Foot) and boer commando and we are midland based, contact details are on the website.

http://www.angloboers.co.uk/

Post Centurion

Postby Lord High Everything Esle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 am

450 Martini wrote:My Group does 1870's/1880's British Army (58th Foot) and boer commando and we are midland based, contact details are on the website.

http://www.angloboers.co.uk/

I am meeting with the event sponsors tonight so I will have more details to post over the weekend I hope.

"Physicians of all men are most happy; what good success soever they have, the world proclaimeth, and what faults they commit the earth coverest." Frances Quarles (1592-1644) Nicocles

Post Centurion

Postby Lord High Everything Esle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:35 pm

I had a word with the organizers yesterday and we had a very constructive meeting.

I can't say much more at the moment because I have to write up what we agreed at the meeting and see if their perception is the same as mine.

We certainly agreed about the "Fringe benefits" which will be a lot of fun for many people.

Post Centurion

Postby Lord High Everything Esle » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:59 pm

We have now created a Yahoo group to talk about the details of the festival. Anyone can join !!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VictorianFestival/

Return to “1810-1900”