Possibilities of organising an 1815 Allied garrison in FR

Moderator: Moderators

Marc Middleton

Possibilities of organising an 1815 Allied garrison in FR

Postby Marc Middleton » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi all,

I had a good friend of mine call me last night enquiring what interest would be amongst Allied troops attending a "garrison" weekend set during the 1815 occupation of France?

He has in mind of organising this sort of event at the Fort Neuilly fort at Calais for 2010. In the French LH Charter, we already do a couple of French garrison weekends around the country and he'd like to do the same sort of thing but with Allied units. (He doesn't get that much of a chance to get his 1815 Belgian Jager uniform out).

Ideas? Remarks?

Marc

Born 2 Late

Postby Born 2 Late » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Sounds good,
Would there be the possibility of an allied garrison and French invading force throughout the weekend to bring some battle style format to the event?

Marc Middleton

Postby Marc Middleton » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:10 am

The main purpose of the event would to show a garrisoned occupying force in peace-time rather than trying to get a battle show.

The garrison events we do under our French persona are Allied-free and do permit us to get involved more closely with our historical characters and see what an ordinary military day in those times was like (as battles were not the norm for soldiers...thankfully for them). I believe that my contact wants to do the same but with Allies.

Mind you, he organises one of these French garrison weekends further down the coast which he would dearly love to developpe into a full-on 24hr living-history siege but that's not for a while yet.

:lol: ....French forces invading their own country.... :lol: ...sort of reminds me of the FFA at the D-Day landings.

Daniel Ezra

Postby Daniel Ezra » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 am

Marc

This could well be something that would appeal to those thinking about living history/ garrisson work/ Pemberly Group in the Napoleonic Association.

I can ask around if you wish?

Dan Ezra

Marc Middleton

Postby Marc Middleton » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Dan,

By all means, please do!

Considering that the guy knows very little about Allied garrison life, he's more than willing to listen to ideas and have information which may help so if anyone has got a suggestion or knows people that are interested (even remotely) then by all means spread the word.

He's also having a look at seeing if the Dutch are interested in this type of event...Now I know some of the best garrison living-history weekends around are in the Netherlands so there may well be another possibility to have interest there.

It's a 2010 thing so if the Allied participants take a active role in proposing items, groups/individuals, ideas, etc. we could get a very taylor made event.

Marc

Daniel Ezra

Postby Daniel Ezra » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:55 am

Marc

I'll be seeing various of the LHE crowd over the next few weeks, but could you post a rough outline on the NA discussion forum for, as it were discussion.

Dan

Marc Middleton

Postby Marc Middleton » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Thank you very much, Dan. :D

Return to “1810-1900”