Looking for Napoleonic Groups

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin A Morley

Looking for Napoleonic Groups

Postby Kevin A Morley » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:42 pm

I am putting to-gether a large Napoleonic event, on the weekend of the late May bank holiday 2009. the location is Liverpool.

It's raising funds for service carities & is run be the army

Any gruops interested

:?:

2Z Promotions (Historic Events)

Merlon.
Post Centurion

Postby Merlon. » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Best of British with your event. Presumably this is the Military show at Walton Hall Park.

Watch out for security issues, we did this event a couple of years ago the locals came through the fence every night trying to pinch things.
Little darlings were discovered by squaddies trying to figure out how to hotwire a Challenger. Also tried to steal the contents of the White Helmets equipment lorry.
The year before when the SK did it, apparently the locals lifted the fence and set dogs into the horse compound

Daniel Ezra

Postby Daniel Ezra » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:40 am

We did this event a little while before that. The locals managed to swipe two tons of firewood.

And someone tried to push a pit-bull terrior into where the horses were. In the end the re-enactors posted a night guard on the site (I ended up doing 2am to 4am).

To be honest, the "public" did not seem that interested. If this event was on my calender I'd not go.

Born 2 Late

Postby Born 2 Late » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:41 pm

As far as i know it wasn’t the public that lifted the wood it was the local council who thought it had been dumped (annoyingly it wasn’t given back).

I don’t think the dog was set on the horses deliberately although being the type of dog it was it should have been on a lead and not left to run uncontrolled into the horse lines. Instead of an apology by the owner for a bitten horse we were threatened because the dog got what the horse could dish out, naturally.

It was one of my groups horse.

The "Evening locals" would seriously need keeping in check with adequate fencing and security personnel as when you have muskets and swords on your person, not t mentions horses. They do not need to be brought out of storage for the stories to the cops to start flying of threats from us (no matter how false they obviously would be).

But with the above suggestions in mind it would be an event i (and hopefully the rest of my gun crew) would be interested in.

Could you please keep me informed about this event:
Yaron 'spud' Thau (Anglesey Hussars, RHA Gun Captain)
Yaron@thau.co.uk

Kevin A Morley

Postby Kevin A Morley » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Well it seems that there is some myths grown up around this event.

Thanks for the words of suport spud, Yes the fire wood was removed by the council. The Royal Enginers hadn't told the council it was there, & with it been
a bank holiday they wouldnot bring it back.
As for that damned dog it was just the stupidity of the chav owners not having it on a lead. I dont think it will bother any more horses after Kevin Smiths horse gave it such a kick.
In the first year the army just didn't know what to expect, but they have lernt
from bitter experience.

This event went off last year with no more problems than any other.
It was of corse a wash out with torential rain

2Z Promotions (Historic Events)

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:15 pm

wouldnt say myths

I would say having been at the ECW one that everything Merlonl said is correct and if ECWS went again I wouldn't

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Return to “1810-1900”