3rd Regiment of Foot Guards Recruiting

Moderator: Moderators

Ian Harbottle

3rd Regiment of Foot Guards Recruiting

Postby Ian Harbottle » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:24 pm

We are currently seeking new (and used) members for the 3rd Regiment of Foot Guards. The group is a new and relatively small re-enactment unit and will re-create the regiment during the Waterloo Period and portray the regiment both on home service and campaign. The group is mainly based in Teesside so we are equal distance to St James’ for mounting Guard and Edinburgh for Mess nights out. We also have members from Scotland and Kent which include ex-guardsmen, seasoned re-enactors and some novices. We are very family friendly (as we have them also) encouraging non-combatants to dress up in period attire and portray the civilian aspects of Regency life. If interested drop me a P.M. and I’ll get more details to you.

Website to come soon after we have painted it Blue-Red-Blue.

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Marc Middleton

Postby Marc Middleton » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Nice!

Are you going to be a general re-enactement group or dedicated living-history group? (Working out whether or not to send a couple of people I know in the area that are looking for a new home).

Cheers,

Marc

wurzul

Postby wurzul » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Also just seen this. Hows the start up coming along?

Ian Harbottle

Postby Ian Harbottle » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest. Sorry I haven't been on here in months. :oops:

Are you going to be a general re-enactement group or dedicated living-history group? (Working out whether or not to send a couple of people I know in the area that are looking for a new home).

Hi Marc, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We will have elements of both but no pressure to group members to do one over the other. Obviously the kit has to be spot on but we have some people who are with us just for battles, some for historic living history and some for both. It's important that people have fun so we'll provide events that cater for both aspects but don't solely rely on one.

Hi Wurzul. Things are moving very very slow at the minute largely because of the credit crunch. Being realistic we are having to give ourselves a little longer before we are up and running. The positives are that things are still progressing albeit slowly and the extra time would help in getting the kit right and give us longer to fine tune drill and displays. Equipment and clothing costs are the main cause of our delays and we are increasingly looking to produce items within the group. As people work and have families there is only a finite amount of time that can be dedicated to such tasks. I also doesn't help that as soon as I get two or three people together I feel the need to open another bottle of brandy-----/\-\/--- stiches get a bit wonky. :roll:

Cheers,

Ian.

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Return to “1810-1900”