1620s women's clothing

Moderator: Moderators

ladydetemps

1620s women's clothing

Postby ladydetemps » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:50 pm

So I'm finding it very hard to find images or sewing patterns for the 1620-30s. Can anyone point me towards any good blogs or sites? Even if it just shows construction.
I want to aim for something Constance Bonacieux from the three musketeers might have worn.
Every time I search for Stuart era I just get Tudor stuff. :/
Don't mistake me for the fancy dress brigade just coz I want to represent a character doesn't mean I can't be HA.

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: 1620s women's clothing

Postby Mark Griffin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:43 pm

You've looked in Patterns of fashion, and the Nora Waugh book?

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Merlon.
Post Centurion

Postby Merlon. » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:54 pm

How about the two volumes on Seventeenth Century Women's Dress published by the V&A?

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:22 pm

ladydetemps wrote:So I'm finding it very hard to find images or sewing patterns for the 1620-30s. Can anyone point me towards any good blogs or sites? Even if it just shows construction. I want to aim for something Constance Bonacieux from the three musketeers might have worn. Every time I search for Stuart era I just get Tudor stuff. :/ Don't mistake me for the fancy dress brigade just coz I want to represent a character doesn't mean I can't be HA.

Ah, that is so good to hear, I often wonder if my desire to have an outfit similar to this would put out of place with people (so I am glad that there is someone who is looking for the female version).

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:57 am

whats holding you back in your desire Henri?

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Mark Griffin wrote:whats holding you back in your desire Henri?

In a nutshell, Mark, money. It's not easy having an interest in history when you only get £62 a week Carer's Allowance, (of which a third goes on food, a sixth on council tax and the rest in the bank for bills)

Return to “1603-1715”