ECW in the North East

Moderator: Moderators

KL1957

ECW in the North East

Postby KL1957 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Afternoon folks,
Was just wondering if anyone knew of any active Civil War groups in the Durham area? I had a look on the SK website but couldn't find any dedicated groups in the recruiting in this area. I would prefer a parliamentarian unit if anyone knows of one.
Look forward to hearing from you,
Cheers

John Waller
Post Knight

Re: ECW in the North East

Postby John Waller » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Fenwick's ECWS used to be strong on Tyneside. Not sure these days. Try the ECWS website.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

SteveC

Postby SteveC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Most ECWS groups seem to be pretty scattered these days as far as I can tell.
We're in Somerset, a lot of the group are near Oxford or Newbury, but we have members in Shrewesbury, Herefordshire...

Does mean we only meet at musters and the like, but that's the way it goes.

Discordia

Postby Discordia » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:23 am

http://www.batleynews.co.uk/news/local/ ... -1-7417656

Not the North East, but this is on soon if you want an opportunity to meet the English civil war society. It's the furthest north for a major event I've seen in a while.

:)

Strafford

Postby Strafford » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Not sure about Sealed Knot activities but the Archaeology Department at Durham University have been working on the remains of Scottish Soldiers found buried under the Library. (Nothing to do with Cluedo) Later this year, the bodies will be re-buried in a graveyard nearby because the Cathedral are too mean to give them a space inside. They say that there can't be new burials at the Cathedral.... 365 years ain't all that new.
Keep an eye on the University web and you'll probably be able to meet up with people from the Sealed Knot. One this to remember is that the Civil War was a long time ago so it is considered bad form to punch Royalists, Catholics, Presbyterians or Arminians.

Return to “1603-1715”