How much influence did Henry VIII have?

Moderator: Moderators

Henri De Ceredigion

How much influence did Henry VIII have?

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Every year I try and create a parody / spoof of the most viral song for the representation of King Henry VIII at the Scarborough Renn Faire in the United States. The song for 2014 that was deemed the most viral was "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX. The chorus is very easy to spoof however I have a question to ensure that my facts are correct.

In the original song the lyrics are: "I'm so fancy, You already know. I'm in the fast lane from L.A to Tokyo" which I would like to spoof as "I'm so regal, you already know this. I rule this nation from Berwick to Plymouth" and would like to know do I have that correct. Did Henry's rule go as far north as Berwick upon Tweed (or was that part of Scotland) and as far south as Plymouth?

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: How much influence did Henry VIII have?

Postby Mark Griffin » Tue May 05, 2015 11:41 pm

For Berwick see 'the rough wooing' and town defences and for Plymouth, see the development of coastal artillery defences and the development of the Royal Navy.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Return to “1485-1603”