Looking for a group

Moderator: Moderators

Savernake

Looking for a group

Postby Savernake » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello All,

My wife and I are looking to join a medieval re-enactment group in the West of England or South (East) Wales. We already have some clothes for the 1380s (ish) made with the information in Sarah Thursfield's book, and hope to make some mid-thirteenth century ones in time for the Battle of Evesham next year. A group covering anything from the mid thirteenth to mid fifteenth century would be good - we're not that fussy, just want to be medieval.

Thanks and kind regards,

Chris

Barter

Re: Looking for a group

Postby Barter » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:07 am

Without known your specific geographical location I would get in touch with either 'THE FREEMEN OF GWENT' (1350 -1420) or B.O.A.R.S (Brotherhood Of Aman  Reenactment Society) ..... both on Facebook which also is a good locator of local groups.

Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard

Postby Simon Atford » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi Savernake.

We of the Company of Chivalry are based in South West England and do most of shows in South Wales.

Contact details are below and I will post this thread in our FB group.

http://companyofchivalry.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/CompanyOfChivalry?fref=ts

email: cocmembership@hotmail.co.uk

Savernake

Postby Savernake » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I see on your Facebook page the Company will be at the Caldicot event in a couple of weeks. (I'm not on Facebook myself). We are just a couple of miles from Caldicot and were going to go along. Would it be ok to meet you and the rest of the group then?

Chris

Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard

Postby Simon Atford » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Savernake wrote:Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I see on your Facebook page the Company will be at the Caldicot event in a couple of weeks. (I'm not on Facebook myself). We are just a couple of miles from Caldicot and were going to go along. Would it be ok to meet you and the rest of the group then?

Chris

Absolutely Chris.

I am not sure where we will camped as yet but when I know more I will let you know how to find us.

Simon Atford.

Return to “1100-1500”