Agincourt

Moderator: Moderators

sujatagopinath

Agincourt

Postby sujatagopinath » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi
I am posting this on behalf of a small private museum in Hampshire. We want to have a small display of the battle enactment to mark the 600 year anniversary. Can you suggest any groups in Hampshire, Dorset Wiltshire region we could contact. Also we are looking for a longbow for displaying our exhibition and for the public to test. Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.
thanks

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: Agincourt

Postby Mark Griffin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Cant help you with groups but I'd steer well clear of a bow to test unless it was a properly thought through installation. Just letting the public loose with a lethal weapon is not advisable.

Yours,

Installer of many museum exhibits.

PS 2nd weekend of Aug EH are having a wee Agincourt event at Porchester Castle, might be worth popping along.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard

Postby Simon Atford » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 am

What date are you looking at?

sujatagopinath

Postby sujatagopinath » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:40 pm

The exhibition is from 7 august to 27 October. During the summer break we would like the enactment either 8/9 or 15 aug, 3rd or 24/25 October weekends. Midweek is also possible except between 21 August and 5 September and 9-17 October. We have a small outdoor space and will be able to accommodate a small group overnight in the building. A display of longbow will also be appreciated. It would be fantastic if you could provide any assistance/support.
thanks

Will.S

Postby Will.S » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:55 am

The best Agincourt-era archery group you'll find is the Free Company of Aquitaine. They're reenactors who actually use and display genuine warbows, which I don't think most others do, plus they're based in Hampshire.

If you're on Facebook you can contact them through their group page, or get in touch with Nick Birmingham who runs it.

Bigbowbrum

Postby Bigbowbrum » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi,

Please take a look at our Facebook page and if you think we would be suitable for your needs then it would be lovely to hear from you. I'm sure we can be of help.

https://m.facebook.com/FreeCompanyOfAquitaine

Kind regards,

Nick Birmingham

Return to “1100-1500”