Padded armour company

Moderator: Moderators

hayalan

Padded armour company

Postby hayalan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Please be warned. I am having my worst ever experience with this supplier of re enactment clothing. The delivery date has been and gone by numerous months (and I have paid in full), and the response to my numerous e mails and phone calls has been terrible with very rarely a reply or update. I was told some weeks ago that my order had been dispatched but chase up e mails have been met with silence. Now resorting to the small claims court to get my money back. Be warned before you part with any money

Nigel
Post Knight

Re: Padded armour company

Postby Nigel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Iam guessing that this is Alan Hay ?

The order was delayed slightly due to circumstances that were communicated.

When ready the order was sent when we received final payment something that we unfortuantely have to insist on now due to a number of "lost" items over the last couple of years.

Courier ( Hermes) attempted delivery and failed and item is now on it's way back to us when it will be turned around and sent out again at our cost by special delivery.

All of which has been communicted back unfortuantely I don't live on line and cannot respond instantly which is something Mr Hay seems to demand.

Yes we aren't perfect

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Alan E

Postby Alan E » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:12 pm

You may not be perfect Nigel, but IME you are pretty d@#$ed good.

'till whispers fill the tower of memory...
The Exiles Company of Medieval Martial Artists: http://the-exiles.org.uk/

Now teaching Fiore's art in Ceredigion (Felinfach) - pm for details

acecat999
Post Centurion

Postby acecat999 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:33 pm

did the couriers leave a note giving mr hay the chance to collect said item from their depot or arrange an alternative delivery.

everyday i can be an insignificant but unavoidable nuisance is a day well spent.

Strickland

Postby Strickland » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:52 am

Not taking sides here but in my experience of sending parcels with hermes they are rubbish. i stopped using them ages ago. Thankfully your items are soft too!!!

Neil

Its not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years. Nullum est coclear!!!

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:52 am

Alan E wrote:You may not be perfect Nigel, but IME you are pretty d@#$ed good.

Thanks Alan

Am wotking in the Wirrall so not at hom to verify but Debs assures me item in question was received back (in a badly dented box) unpacked checked and reposted by special delivery.

We like heremes as they aren't afraid of the stairs at the studio and are normally ok

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Annie the Arrow

Postby Annie the Arrow » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:29 pm

We are waiting a delivery from Hermes, our parcel went back to the sender, I was in as I have worked from home for the past week as Andreas was ill, they never left a card or knocked on any of the neighbours, feckers

"For he(the bow), any old stick will do. But arrow will get deer”.
Ishi, last of the Yaqui Amerindians of California

Boga Sceal Strale
A Bow Shall Be For Arrows

John Waller
Post Knight

Postby John Waller » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:51 pm

I recall the jack I ordered from PAC had a holiday in Scotland before it arrived in Surrey. Think that was Royal Mail. They all screw up.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:15 pm

John Waller wrote:I recall the jack I ordered from PAC had a holiday in Scotland before it arrived in Surrey. Think that was Royal Mail. They all screw up.

We have the same with deliveries which to be fair are usually a bit heavy couriers take one look at the stairs (which we successfuly carried up an industrial machine) and decide we are not in ot just leave it on the stairs by the open door.

John it was indeed special delivery :D

SirUlf

Postby SirUlf » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:54 am

For what it's worth, I've had a PAC "off-the-rack" padded jack for about a year now, and it was very straightforward to order, and it's served me very well. Excellent fit, looks great.

Chris, yclept John Barber

Postby Chris, yclept John Barber » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Another recommendation for PAC - Debs does good work.

Of course he has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives - it's 1183 and we're barbarians.

Talen

Postby Talen » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Sounds like an issue with the courier rather than the vendor. I picked up my jack from this company a few years ago and it's still a great piece of kit. It's been used and abused and still going strong, if a little grubbier with a unique aroma. Would definitely buy its replacement from the padded armour company.

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks to all

We do try to get it right but sometimes couriers do their best to screw us up :D

Return to “1100-1500”