Milanese export harnesses

Moderator: Moderators

wyldstallions

Milanese export harnesses

Postby wyldstallions » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi does anyone have any pictures of any 15th century millanese export harnesses. I've heard of them but never seen a picture of one, I have heard them described as a normal milanese harness but with fluting similar to gothic. if anyone has any pictures or links that would be great.

Zachos

Re: Milanese export harnesses

Postby Zachos » Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Originals, paintings, or reproductions?

Slowly realizing just how far is still to go.

Cap-a-pie

Postby Cap-a-pie » Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 pm

I think Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Warwickis an example of this style. Ash at Armour Services Historical is working on one at the moment for a customer of his, very nice indeed.I think he had some images on his facebook site.

Suppliers of Authentic Medieval Maille

http://www.capapie.co.uk

Glorfindle

Postby Glorfindle » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 pm

That's what my tin is, though it's probably not the greatest example ever produced! It has the the same plate as a millanise harness but with only a few subtle folds, my breast has only three folds I believe around the armpits and across the chest. The arms and legs also have the bare minimum of folds in, which seems to be the smallest amount to increase strength without overly adorning it in "bling" Which armour this is bassed on I would have to check, but I believe it is one in Warwick castle. If ash is making one though I would wait and see how good his looks!

It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people
Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Return to “1100-1500”