Scottish/North of England Medieval re-enactments 2008 thread

Moderator: Moderators

Chris, yclept John Barber

Re: Scottish/North of England Medieval re-enactments 2008 th

Post by Chris, yclept John Barber »

zauberdachs wrote:Hence welcome to "Scottish/North of England Medieval re-enactments 2008 thread"

So, what's confirmed and who's doing what this year?
What's your intent here: is this a "who's going to be somewhere so I can go and see their event if I'm not doing something more interesting", or is it "who's doing an open thing so I can go and play with them"?

For example, Knights In Battle are doing all four days of the Easter weekend at Alnwick Castle (hmm... thinks... camping, March, Northumbria... did we learn nothing from last year's weather?). Come along and say hello if you want to meet me or the Very Famous Colin Middleton. But you can't play because it's not an 'open' event - our insurance wouldn't cover you.
Of course he has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives - it's 1183 and we're barbarians.

zauberdachs
Post Centurion

Post by zauberdachs »

Hey, it's primarily a "who am I going to see at events I'm already going to" thing as I think we're busy enough with events :)

If someone's doing something new I might bimble down and check it out as a MOP or suggest to our group that we apply to be involved. But odds are we're going to be busy enough doing our present schedule...

Cad/Guthrie you want to post our present line up?
Do not be loath, diligent reader, to winnow my chaff, and lay up the wheat in the storehouse of your memory. For truth regards not who is the speaker, nor in what manner it is spoken, but that the thing be true - Nennius, 8th century

Biro
Post Centurion

Re: Scottish/North of England Medieval re-enactments 2008 th

Post by Biro »

Chris, yclept John Barber wrote: For example, Knights In Battle are doing all four days of the Easter weekend at Alnwick Castle (hmm... thinks... camping, March, Northumbria... did we learn nothing from last year's weather?). Come along and say hello if you want to meet me or the Very Famous Colin Middleton. But you can't play because it's not an 'open' event - our insurance wouldn't cover you.
I think I will head over and say hello. Its close enough for a family day out.

I'm keen on meeting the both of you.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Post by guthrie »

OK, right now, we are interested or going to:
St Andrews, 3rd of May
Tatton
Tewkesbury
Lanark
Caldicott
Harlaw (At castle Fraser)

There are 2 or 3 others we are exploring right now, and I personally will bimble off once or twice to hang around with the nevilles at Fed events.

Alan_F
Post Centurion

Post by Alan_F »

guthrie wrote:OK, right now, we are interested or going to:
St Andrews, 3rd of May
Tatton
Tewkesbury
Lanark
Caldicott
Harlaw (At castle Fraser)

There are 2 or 3 others we are exploring right now, and I personally will bimble off once or twice to hang around with the nevilles at Fed events.
Can you PM me?
I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!