House keeping.

Please post your thoughts, questions, bugs, etc here. I will post announcements here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tod
Absolute Wizard

House keeping.

Postby Tod » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 pm

This section has become so what of a mess and as a result there will be a mass deletion of many threads.
I would ask any posters thinking of starting a thread here to consider whether this is right section. Please read the advice notes
Tod. Moderator

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Re: House keeping.

Postby Tod » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:08 am

More info. If a thread from here has been moved to another area and a shadow has been left here, when I delete the psot from here it deletes the moved one as well. The mods are aware of this so when they move posts they will not leave a shadow. It pays to check you are posting in the right place, this area is for techie stuff only.

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Re: House keeping.

Postby Fox » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Tod wrote:More info. If a thread from here has been moved to another area and a shadow has been left here, when I delete the psot from here it deletes the moved one as well. The mods are aware of this so when they move posts they will not leave a shadow. It pays to check you are posting in the right place, this area is for techie stuff only.

While that's true, updates to the main thread are not directly applied to the shadow [even though the shadow links to the complete main thread], so the shadow thread will sink slowly down the page.

...Or they would if anything happened here that wasn't misplaced threads and spam notifications.

Return to “Forum Technical Support and News”